• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steel Soldiers MV of the month 2016 - August VOTE HERE!

Please vote for MV of the month.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gunzy

Here is a little vid. Yes, I started with an M1101 trailer and worked my way to this with some horse trading and such. I always wanted one, never thought I'd get one, then literally stumbled into trading up to this one. 2001 O/H by Oshkosh, has 49XX miles on it now and went through RSMS in 2009. This turned out to be one clean rig and I am stoked to own it. The very first car show I took it to I won "Best of Show" with it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Vm7rPoWdic
2581131-1464036592-754846.jpg

tankdriver

Tinwoodsman,

Are the black floor mats original issue....... :smile:

Great job on the restore......[thumbzup]

It is a privilege being nominated with these other fine vehicles. I found my 1942 Ford GPW in a shed in south Texas after it had taken a 35 year nap. It had been modified for duty on the ranch and was a victim of serious neglect and much rust. My restoration took almost 2 years and every piece of the vehicle was disassembled, cleaned or media blasted, primed and painted. The only parts not totally disassembled were the 6 volt starter, generator and regulator which were cleaned, tested and refurbished. Here are some pictures of the vehicle during restoration stages. You can also visit my thread at:

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?128511-My-New-Project-1942-Ford-GPW

Thanks for your consideration.

View attachment 639434 View attachment 639435 View attachment 639436 View attachment 639437 View attachment 639438 View attachment 639439 View attachment 639440 View attachment 639441 View attachment 639440 View attachment 639442 View attachment 639443

Another Ahab

Here is a little vid. Yes, I started with an M1101 trailer and worked my way to this with some horse trading and such. I always wanted one, never thought I'd get one, then literally stumbled into trading up to this one. 2001 O/H by Oshkosh, has 49XX miles on it now and went through RSMS in 2009. This turned out to be one clean rig and I am stoked to own it. The very first car show I took it to I won "Best of Show" with it.
View attachment 639515
They HAD to give it to you. I mean, look at that thing; it's pure beast. [thumbzup]

MARDET

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tinwoodsman gets my vote. Awesome looking restore. Yeah Im the owner of a 5 ton but man since I was a kid I have always wanted to do a MV jeep restore. Heck maybe I shouldve saved and waited but I didnt and....nah!! I will do my bobber and then get a jeep!! Tinwoodsman's jeep just motivates me to eventually find one, gather the family and restore it. Very nice Sir.

TNriverjet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Im holding my vote for some campaign pics. lets see them
I'm with Ben. Last month tankdriver did an excellent job describing his journey and got my vote. Tinwoodsman has similarly given us his story. Granted it is a great story and restoration job, but I'm sure there are more good stories from the rest of the crew. Goats and all!

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I'm with Ben. Last month tankdriver did an excellent job describing his journey and got my vote. Tinwoodsman has similarly given us his story. Granted it is a great story and restoration job, but I'm sure there are more good stories from the rest of the crew. Goats and all!
I'm not sure you can find a better story than Tinwoodsmans'. He took a bubbafied heavily modified/butchered relic begging to be saved from further humility and returned it to it's former glory as a proud piece of military history!

Vote for the MB
:papabear:

TNriverjet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I decided on m38inmaine. I recall his goat build/restoration thread was one of my first "reads" on the forum. I learned a lot and found out how well everyone here works together. You got my vote m38inmaine!

m715mike

Tinwoodsman got my vote for two reasons:

1) The work he did on that Ford is amazing! Someday, if I work really hard, I hope to have 1/100th of his talent!!!

2) These guys were spotted in my neighborhood >>>
Trailer picture - Vinny & Vito.jpg

PB - Call them off... I've voted already!!!!!

zout

TWM even impress's me with his quality of work....and that is a Big Bar to surcumb. TOP NOTCH THERE BRO. Now give me all my tools back. LOL

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I propose an additional rule to this contest.

Each contestant/nominator must put up at least one promoting post in the vote thread with at least two new pictures and a short line on the vehicle or their tie to that particular vehicle. If somebody else than the owner nominated that vehicle, the nominator should take care of this.

Most if not all of the MVs have interesting histories, even if in barn-find condition. A few vehicles get a lot of attention, and others not a single line. Some people have very interesting vehicles but just not enough money to do a complete restoration or are happy with the car as-is, but feel uncomfortable to nominate here. That is too bad, sometimes a vehicle get carried purely on its history.

joshuak

Agreed Robo McDuff, so here it is:

One reason I like my truck... It gave me an excuse to learn how to weld.

The truck had a lot of rot when I purchased it. I started on the passenger side and then moved over to the driver’s side, I could tell there was some improvement in my abilities.

IMG_0266.jpg IMG_0294.jpgIMG_0302 (2).jpg

I learned to really enjoy effect that Phosphoric Acid, a wire brush and elbow grease has on surface rust.

IMG_0310.jpg

DanM7890

This was my first MV that I've ever purchased. I stripped it down when I brought it home and repainted it. Has been the perfect vehicle to catch the green iron disease as well has doing all the maintenance.

445379_6002_159_0001.jpg445379_6002_160_0001.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgIMG_1197.jpgIMG_1198.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks