• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steel Soldiers MV of the month 2016 - August VOTE HERE!

Please vote for MV of the month.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

joshuak

For entertainment purposes I'll share some highlights of my '09s work log.

Exterior Behr Marquee, front cab DIY bed liner, cargo area Rustoluem rattle can.

IMG_0730.jpg IMG_0345.jpg IMG_1178.jpg

There is phrase which is repeated in the CUCV forum: "If it's electrical clean it, if it's rubber replace it".

So... cleaned the wiring harnesses, eliminating splices, cleaning connectors, general housekeeping, etc.

IMG_0789.jpgIMG_0810.jpgIMG_0805.jpgIMG_0804.jpgIMG_0803.jpg

The rubber is slowly being replaced, from axle spindle seals and to window channels.

IMG_0539.jpg IMG_0596.jpg

Big thanks to all the pro's who take the time to share their tricks and tips.

combat32

I'm all in for m38inmaine and the goat, he really oudid himself on bringing this truck back from the dead,

Not only is he a great ss member I hear he smells good too![thumbzup]

So vote for Mark's goat!

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I think Tinwoodsman's most excellent MB restoration deserves at least 50 votes!! I can honestly say I don't think I've ever seen a better job done!!

So....We need 20 more folks to vote for Tinwoodsman!!:papabear:

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I really can't compete with these other guys, I've just taken a truck and modified it to my needs for off-roading and light lifting.
I like the set-up, thinking to do something similar on my M51A3 w/w to help out at my son's blacksmith workshop in the woods. He has strong enough poles and a block and tackle laying around to do this; the holding ties I would connect to the dump body overhang.

For the rest, we still need more canvasing!!!

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
OK Y'all....I think I can predict the winner....BUT...I'm kinda disappointed that Tinwoodsman's MB has not reached the 50 vote goal we set.:whistle:

Come on Y'all...you know that magnificent piece of WWII history deserves it's due![thumbzup]

If you can look thru the build thread and decide NOT to vote for this vehicle...well...I don't know what to say.

Oh...and there's only 2 days left for you to decide.:papabear:

zout

Unless a miracle occurs...and I do believe in them.
Let me be the first to CONGRADULATE TWM on one outstanding full rebuild to perfection. SALUTE.

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Timwoodsman, PB, if the race would be anywhere close to undecided or close to our Don's goal of 50 votes, I would have your back as a dutiful family member. However, it is a resounding deserved landslide already, but the 50 votes are out of reach. In this condition, I respectfully will go against the thread and vote for mdmorgans utility underdog truck that touched me and deserves some extra votes.

(Kent, what happened with the "original" cab that came with it; I liked that the horrible look of that thing).

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Timwoodsman, PB, if the race would be anywhere close to undecided or close to our Don's goal of 50 votes, I would have your back as a dutiful family member. However, it is a resounding deserved landslide already, but the 50 votes are out of reach. In this condition, I respectfully will go against the thread and vote for mdmorgans utility underdog truck that touched me and deserves some extra votes.

(Kent, what happened with the "original" cab that came with it; I liked that the horrible look of that thing).
Yeah,,,but if you had voted for Tinwoodsman we would only need 15 more votes to make 50!!:beer:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks