• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steel Soldiers MV of the month 2016 - November VOTE HERE!

Please vote for MV of the month.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Please vote here for your favorite MV of the month. And contestants, please feel free to "campaign" for votes here as well! Let's have at it!

Please campaign only in the thread, not PMing people.

1. sandcobra164
sandcobra164.jpg

2. mdmorgan
mdmorgan.jpg

3. CUCVLOVER
CUCVLOVER.jpg

4. mkcoen
mkcoen.jpg

5. jeffhuey1n
jeffhuey1n.jpg

6. Fredo Corleone
fredo corelone.jpg

7. Carter
carter.jpg

8. Bill W
Bill W.jpg

9. wsucougarx
wsucougarx.jpg

10. Lawdog734
Lawdog734.jpg

11. wadefreedomvehicles
wadefreedomvehicles.jpg

12. Grekin
Grekin.jpghttp://www.steelsoldiers.com/member.php?76373-Grekin

13. Radiogeek99
Radiogeek99.jpg

14. Coffey1
Coffey1.jpg

15. Rusty Loads
Rusty Loads.jpg

16. RDUKW
RDUKW.jpg

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here's a link to my truck thread: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?152882-Working-on-the-M1078-LMTV

Although there's been a lot of issues pop up this has probably been one of the most fun vehicles I've had and certainly one that's teaching me a lot about working on it. Like they say, you learn something new every day. When you stop learning you stop living!

A couple of pics in case you don't want to wade through 84 pages of thread:

Still at Polk.jpgPicking up M1082.jpgMrs MKCoen.jpgFirst Breakdown.jpgAudey Murphy VA Car Show.jpg

For you Mutant Teenage Ninja Turtle fans, we thought it looked kind of like a turtle with the cab tilted so named it Donatello (the wife's favorite color is purple so that's the reason we chose him).

CMPPhil

Hi All

The photos of how they got to be what they are now are great. Let's you know a lot more about the trucks and their people, if the "their people" sounds a little like the trucks own the people isn't that the case sometimes?

Cheers Phil

My 1962 Dodge M43B1 Ambulance was 5 days away from heading to the crusher when we got it. When we got it the engine was not seized and the only things mechanically wrong that we could find was a cracked exhaust manifold and needed adjustments to carb. We have since done a nearly full body restoration on it. It has had some modifications done. It has windows put in the body. We are fairly certain that was done by the military. It also had been modified to use as a snow plow. We took all snow plow equipment off to minimize weight in the front. Most recently we replaced the rear axle with a fully rebuilt one. And we finally got around the replacing the exhaust manifold after trying to weld it failed.
Based on numbers and rebuild tags, we are fairly certain that this ambulance may have seen combat use in Vietnam.
It is all still original as possible. Has all 24 volt components. Only things missing are rear step and spot light, we are in process of acquiring those soon though.
This ambulance has participated in many car shows and is a huge hit. It seems to draw attention everywhere. To mention a few shows its been in:
UVU Auto Expo, Freedom Vehicles Military Display and Outpost, And many local School Presentations.

Included are before and after pictures.
Thanks for viewing and voting.
9462.jpgIMAG2282.jpg20141101_212823.jpg20140819_232404.jpg20140819_232326.jpg20140808_072158.jpg20140724_223624.jpg20140719_150806.jpg20140719_150742.jpgIMAG2490 (1).jpg

TNriverjet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Voted for mkcoen as I've learned so much from his "working on" thread and now have an M-1078 of my own.

I've got your back brother.

My M756A2 is such a useful truck, there are few days it doesn't lift or tow something. It has been a project that my sons Evil Dr. Porkchop and Black Ops completed this summer with the help of many friends: Rick Larsen for the paint mask stars and registration numbers, Dennis Amburso for getting it running and shipped from North Carolina, Keith Boda for supplying pipeline specific parts for copying, jatonka for seat covers and shift boots and special thanks to the late George Mainieri former owner of the truck for offering it to me and for being such a good friend to me and mentor to my sons.

Attachments

Last edited:

CUCVLOVER

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
WOW!! Two days without campaigning/boasting?? :roll:

That's NOT how it's done folks!! aua

We want to hear about the recovery, sweat, bloodshed, time and money spent toward getting your vehicle to the point of nomination for MV of the Month.:D

Now come on y'all! Flood us with pics and words and get the vote counter in high gear.

Attachments

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
WOW!! Two days without campaigning/boasting?? :roll:

That's NOT how it's done folks!! aua

We want to hear about the recovery, sweat, bloodshed, time and money spent toward getting your vehicle to the point of nomination for MV of the Month.:D

Now come on y'all! Flood us with pics and words and get the vote counter in high gear.
Vote for me cause I'm so pretty :jumpin:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks