• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steel Soldiers MV of the month 2017 - September VOTE HERE!

Please vote for MV of the month.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Migginsbros

Back to another rare thing. The Steinbock FUG 2,5 Y4.
Have a view to the two seperate cabins and a look
thru the tunnel from driver to passenger seat.
FUGcampain 006.jpg FUGcampain 034.jpg
To reduce hight for shipping or street use you can fold the
forklift tower right in between the two cabins.
FUG 082.jpg
BTW vote for Migginsbros 6 Cylinder Aircooled Diesel Forklift.:jumpin:

m38inmaine

I have to thank another SS member who helped with the restoration, Bill,Idaho. He provided me with information and installation instructions for the AN/VRC-46 radio set in the carrier. There are very few pictures of commo gear in Gama Goats so it was very helpful to have the information to install it correctly. I made a short video of "Entering a Net" so all of you Cold War Vets could once again enjoy the sights and sounds of the RT-524, a sound none of us I doubt can forget.

https://youtu.be/i7yQviwkXDk

Migginsbros

Of course you can drive the FUG with 4 passengers. After a short instruction the FUG is easy to drive also by the trainees;)
IMG_0886.jpgFUG 078.jpgFUG 077.jpg

Campaign, campaign, campaign...........:jumpin:

Migginsbros

Good morning to all military vehicle enthusiasts.
Today is a good day to do some work with the Feldumschlaggerät FUG 2.5 Y-4
We expect up to 10h sunshine without any clouds and temp rise up to 68°F
Needless to say we will take some pics.:D
FUGtoday.jpg

Migginsbros

After doing some work to clear the backyard we have an idea.
But....
let´s save the fun for later.
FUGtoday 008.jpgFUGtoday 009.jpgFUGtoday 016.jpgFUGtoday 012.jpg

There are about 5 hours to vote one of your favourites for SSeptember
in this picture loaded campaign.:tank:

Migginsbros

As we get the FUG we change all fluids incl. the planetary wheel drive. First thing we reinstall was the scrapped independent diesel heater because due to the air cooled KHD Engine you need the added heat to get the windows clear in winter. After we go thru the TM´s we try to get over the years all vehicle mounted staff and all aditional vehicle specific parts.FUGtoday 048.jpgFUGtoday 047.jpgFUGtoday 046.jpgFUGtoday 021.jpg

BTW...less than 4 hours to vote for Migginsbros Forklift Steinbock Feldumschlaggerät FUG 2.5 Y48)8)

Migginsbros

Idea: Get all the onboard equipment out of the FUG, get on the roof and take a picture from above.
FUGtoday 029.jpgjerrycans,camonets,sticks & umbrellas for nets,jumper cable,longforks,extensions for longforks,
tirechains,tow bar, cranehook and the 3 piece bumper for street use.

CMPPhil

Congratulations, that's two fine vehicles in a row from New England and both attended the Weare Rally this summer. Congratulations to all the fine vehicles in this month voting.

Cheers Phil

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks