• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steel Soldiers MV of the month 2020 - May VOTE HERE

Please vote for MVOTM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CMPPhil

Hi Miggins
Enjoyed your pictures of getting down to the engine for major work. Made me think of what it takes to pull or install the engine on my C60S Pattern 13 truck aka BEAUTY

Actually this was part of a time motion study to identify all the steps necessary to pull the nose and engine.

If you watch the time in the corner you can see it was a lot quicker coming out than going in.

Just had BEAUTY for a hour drive around town on our first 80F+ day of the season.

Cheers Phil

CMPPhil

Hi All

Glad you enjoyed the music. The videos were taken in 2009 Beauty got a new engine identical but it went from 216 cubic inches to 261 cubic inches that changed the Horse power from 84 to 160. Didn't really make the truck faster just means you go up a lot more hills in 4th gear.
The next two pictures are from 1990 as you see I'm making progress on shop space.
C60S Restortation -6.jpg
C60S Restortation -14.jpg

Yes in case you are wondering all three of my trucks have been down to bare frame. At one point I had pulling the engine out of these trucks down to under 3 hours, working by myself. But it was still taking 2 full days to put an engine in and get all connected again.

Cheers Phil

PS The reason for swapping the engine was two fold, first more power but the second was equally important. The remain had gotten to the point that I had to carry cat box with litter in it, because it leak so much oil. Was down at the Boston Navy Yard next to old Iron-sides for a display. Almost the moment I killed the engine the dock chief came running out with a big absorbent pad. By the time he got to the truck I was sliding kitty litter box under the trucks bell housing. As I stood up I said "doesn't need a diaper it's litter box trained." After that trip though I did put a fitting bell housing drain and connected a line to a vacuum scavenge tank which with less vacuum than the wipers would suck the oil out of the bell housing bottom.

Migginsbros

We don´t withhold the front page of the Freightliner add.
And if you think about " Compact, Lightweight and Versatile" ........

SEEspecsfront.jpg

...................(most of you know this short vid) a SEE can fly ;)(y)

For counterbalance adjustment they put the spare tire into the bucket of the front end loader.

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks