• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steel Soldiers MV of the month 2021 - June VOTE HERE!

Please vote for MVOTM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The cheapest way to put a kubota diesel genset on your truck is to shop for a low hrs army lite tower they come with a 6k tail on them mine was shot so i put a new8.2 k tail on the kuboata but still 6000 less than buying a new kuboata genset

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
DSCF2962.JPG
DSCF2963.JPG
DSCF2964.JPG
DSCF2965.JPG
DSCF2966.JPG
1st picture. I have installed new data plates for the ignition switch, and fording device, as well as the cable and handle for the fording device. 2nd/3rd picture. I think I have seen other M38A1s with this square can mounted in both rear fender wells, along with the wooden covers. If anyone knows what they are for please feel free to chime in, right now I use them for bags of ice and drinks. 4th picture. I now have the correct fan shroud installed, and this helps the engine to run cooler on some of the slow trails we encounter at 6000ft and above. 5th picture. I ran across an M37 with one of these fuel filters so I got the part number and installed one on the Jeep. It's a clean easy installation and works good as I have had zero problems with debris in the carb. More to come.

Last edited:

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
DSCF2967.JPG
DSCF2968.JPG
DSCF2969.JPG
DSCF2970.JPG
DSCF2971.JPG
DSCF2973.JPG
Picture 1. The cap on the hood for the fording device was welded to the hood, possibly by the Fire Department who was a previous owner. Picture 2. I installed a new hood rub strip to cut down on the hood rattling. Picture 3. The hood also has some damage that was poorly repaired, as you can see the bondo is separating. Picture 4/5. I scrounged up a used hood at the MVCC Spring event that with a little TLC, should make a decent hood. Picture 6. I also came up with a decent fording cap for the hood that's also in decent shape.

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
DSCF2976.JPG
DSCF2975.JPG
DSCF2977.JPG
Picture 1. We have lots of open country out here in NW Nevada, and lots of Jeep and Quad Runner Trails. We have a favorite lunch time spot called Spanish Springs that is about a 25 mile trip through the mountains. It has an elevation of about 7500 Ft, and a wonderful view of the Eastern Sierras. Picture 2. There is nothing better after a long Jeep ride in the hills, than to stop at the VFW and enjoy a cold one with friends. Picture 3. After a short trip today my CO decided we should stop at the American Legion to visit, and see how preparations for the 4th of July celebration are coming along. Buying the M38A1 was my wife's idea and it has turned out to be a lot of work, but also a lot of fun.

Last edited:

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In the first 2 pics is the garage for the truck and buried down in the foam insulation is a 80 gal reserve fuel tank pic 3 4 5 diferent bedroom veiws pic 6 is the power distribution plugs i wanted to isolate each power source so the main fuse panel has a male plug so if im geting shore power i plug in there or if im getting my power from the generator i plug in there or if im on solar /house batteries and inverter charger so theres no way to double power the panel and with the solar panels/house agm batteries if theres no sun and batteries start to get low you just fire the truck up and the altenator on the main engine fills the house batteries back to full and if the truck batteris are down you can power them with the house or generator so redundancy is what i was shooting for ! And the last pics i just finished building the intake and exaust air ports for the mini split and cover panels when the trucks not in use to keep bugs and wasp from building nest in the ac duct work should have the unit placed by tue or wed this week in time for the heat wave.
IMG_1337.PNG
IMG_1335.PNG
IMG_1334.PNG
IMG_1333.PNG
IMG_1330.PNG
IMG_1329.PNG
IMG_1323.JPG
IMG_1321.JPG
IMG_1311.JPG

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Chris, the KAT1 is looking great as always, and I love the canopy. I would like to have a canopy that size to park the Deuce under when I have to work on it. It would keep me out of the hot sun as it was 101 degrees here today. I shouldn't complain, as it's 107 in Las Vegas today, and will be 111 degrees there this time next week. Guyfang remembers days like that, you can fry an egg on the sidewalk. 🥵

Guyfang

Staff member

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
:jumpin: Congrats to the well deserved win, Chucky. 🏆 Great to get some impressions out of all the campaigning this month. Congrats to both seconds and both 3rd.
Thank you to all participants and voters.
Looking foreward to next month MVOTM.😎😎
Thanks i was positive i didnt have a chance i figured the box on the back would hurt me not being army issue but i will take it just the same and i owe it ALL to Mullaney he talked me into posting pictures a while back i had no idea about doing any of the computer stuff but he has talked me thru all the posting stuff and i now have enough skill on here to be Dangerous/clueless . Everybody on the mvotm deserve a hand for all the work yall have done and i hope you all win mvotm this year. And a big big hand for all the folks behind the seen here at STEEL SOLDIERS its a thankless task but we appreciate the Hell out of all your work to give us such a cool place hang out ! Yall knock it out of the park every day !

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks