• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steel Soldiers MV of the month 2021 - September VOTE HERE!

Please vote for MVOTM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
WOW!

This is a fine field of candidates this month.
And the campaigning is already heating up too.

I like that A LOT ! ! !

BUT.... Isn't the PUPPIES FOR ORPHANS theme just a bit over the top: Kissin' babies on the campaign trail is politickin' pure n simple. Playing the EMOTION card is marginally within the rules, isn't it?

ANYWAZE.... I like a good race. A stable of active participants is a sure-fire crowd-pleaseer.

Now, y'all just keep on persuading us to cast ouir ballots in your direction. Post lots of pictures and tell us some GOOD stories. Sway our vote!

Carry on.

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
WOW!

Isn't the PUPPIES FOR ORPHANS theme just a bit over the top: Kissin' babies on the campaign trail is politickin' pure n simple. Playing the EMOTION card is marginally within the rules, isn't it?

Don't hate me because I use Bertha to bring g a little joy into the lives of poor waifs who only want a little affection in their lives... and I had to drive UPHILL through snow BOTH WAYS to bring them a glimmer of happiness! 😁😅🤣😅😁

m715mike

I’m still not sure about orphans and puppies. But I picked this group up hitch hiking too.

47951ACA-FD68-4171-8C0A-085F6774122E.jpeg
69B661BC-BE1F-4F35-B333-F1164108BDA3.jpeg

This is the local highschool’s JROTC (of which my son was a member at the time) participating in our town’s Christmas parade. Our community has many elderly veterans that attend as spectators at the parades. It was a privilege to see the positive reaction that those veterans had towards the JROTC kids - certainly a fond memory for me that would not have happened without my Deuce.

I’ve owned this Deuce for 8 years now and, as a result, have many memories that were only made possible by MV ownership and participation in this hobby. That is something I treasure!

Thank you to those that have voted for me already!!!! Keep the votes coming and I’ll keep the pictures and stories coming!!! (Ok, pictures and stories will probably come even without more votes…)

ToddJK

I guess I didn't realize we are actually campaigning, lol.
What is really cool, I have pictures of both of my kids, when they were 3 in the deuce, the oldest being 10 now. My oldest came with me when we got our second deuce. My truck might not be the bee's knee's, but it's already building memories.

Attachments

ToddJK

The new to me deuce compared to the old one I used to have. The newer one, though is actually older ('69 vs '72), is much nicer. It's better prepared for the offroad experience and has highway speed capabilities. Plus it's camo, I'm surprised I can even see it half the time. Imo, it's worth the vote....and I call it "The Pestilance" because my driveway was brand new and now looks like it's 30 years old since I parked the truck there.

I'll add some more later while on the range, nothing like a deuce full of guns and ammo.

Attachments

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
About 2 months ago. I decided it was time to get rid of rust and paint.... after debating tan, green or 3 color, I decided to go with matte black.

Of course my wonderful g/f and her 15 year old boy jumped into the project. (The 15 year old with slightly less gusto)...

20210723_145258.jpg

20210723_145312.jpg

Getting the spare down was a beast because I didn't have the come a long, chain etc...

I removed all of the ligh covers, headlights etc and taped all of the windows and warning badges.

So it was time to paint.

I used Sherwin Williams exterior all weather in a Tri-corn matte black. It took aboit 6 gallons and I used a airless sprayer from Lowes.
20210723_180649.jpg

20210723_180631.jpg

20210724_135002.jpg

20210724_193409.jpg

Then I took the truck to the car wash, deep cleaned and dressed the tires..

20210808_123546.jpg

Then a few days later I used 20% and tinted the windows...

20210816_172308.jpg

Six months difference:

20210816_175355.jpg

Attachments

ToddJK

Range day with the deuce in it's natural element. Rubber dummy was 15 yards. First steel plate was 150 yards and the gong was 400 yards way in the back.

Attachments

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Range day with the deuce in it's natural element. Rubber dummy was 15 yards. First steel plate was 150 yards and the gong was 400 yards way in the back.
Dang Right!! That is what having a Deuce is all about.
Large camo colored device that can even be used as an elevated "work" platform :cool:

ToddJK

Dang Right!! That is what having a Deuce is all about.
Large camo colored device that can even be used as an elevated "work" platform :cool:
When we do a long range only kinda outting, the land we shoot on has some hills and in order to see 700+ yards, without a target being 10ft tall, laying prone in the back of the deuce on top of some shooting mats works great!

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor

m715mike

That looks like it would have been a real adventure!
Is the Little Guns and Big Trucks outfit something there in Texas?

I wish!!! It was just something we said that day. I showed up with a .22 and a couple guys brought pistols. The name seemed appropriate.

But now that you mention it, I think we need to start a new club.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I wish!!! It was just something we said that day. I showed up with a .22 and a couple guys brought pistols. The name seemed appropriate.

But now that you mention it, I think we need to start a new club.
I was thinking something like Big Brothers - but with Big Green Trucks. That might be a heck of a neat thing. I have a few parents with younger kids that know there are trucks at my place. I made the offer to take their youngsters on a Birthday Cruise. That is really simple and mom or dad rides along too. That is about the best I have been able to do during all this WooFlu mess. No parades going on, so this has been a fine way to give my trucks something to do to "earn their keep". Since I know all of them, potential exposure is as close to zero as it can be.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks