• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steel Soldiers MV of the month 2021 - September VOTE HERE!

Please vote for MVOTM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is an AMAZING NAIL BITING RACE!!! Super proud of EVERYONE!

That said...

When I first saw Bertha... she had been sitting in a field for several years....

I could lie and say it was love at first sight, but I wont...

I had to look really hard to see her potential...

Screenshot_20210827-212607_Messages.jpg

She had a LOT of dirt and moss on her... flats all the way around and trees growing close to her, not to mention I was intimidated by her sheer size and my lack of knowledge.

But me never being one to back down from a challenge pulled the trigger and got ready for recovery day... it was about 38° and I had some AWESOME helpers, and the gent I bought her from came through with a portable air compressor and LOTS of knowledge to drop!

20210213_084435.jpg

received_824449755078965.jpeg

Then, once I learned how to start her (😳) a quick run through of controls and some whacking on a wheel with a sledge to release a brake, we were headed home!

received_1057741131301437.jpeg

Of course, we got home and I just stared at her in awe.... until the fact she was so dirty started bugging me...

20210930_155415.jpg

And then she was home and clean... and then the real work began, which I've chronicled earlier...

20210930_155843.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks