• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steel Soldiers MV of the month December 2020

Please vote for MVOTM

• dmetalmiki

Votes: 23 38.3%
  • SCM35A2

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • bigmike

Votes: 12 20.0%
  • hrbergeron

Votes: 18 30.0%
  • swiss

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • m715mike

Votes: 4 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Welcome to the MV of the month poll sponsored by Consolidated Press. The winner each month will receive a one of a kind decal with their win! If you need decals, magnets, stencils, or anything printing related, please give them a call!

Now, onto the vote! Please vote for MV of the month! Feel free to campaign in this thread, but please keep it here and not via PM.

1. dmetalmiki

2. SCM35A2

3. bigmike

4. hrbergeron

5. swiss

6. m715mike

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here's another tough month, every MV here is really nice. Several very nice wreckers, a nice clean troop carrier, and even the CUCV II truck is really fine. Guy, this very important decision might require a glass or two of your Plumb Schnapps. 🥃

Last edited:

hrbergeron

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My CUCVII is very rare. Only 800 were made for US military, 3,000 for overseas. Restored this one over the summer. I have another with the sequential VIN and registration number that I hope to restore by the end of January.

I assume people that vote against me are doing it out of jealousy because I have air conditioning, surround sound, and overdrive. :ROFLMAO:

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My CUCVII is very rare. Only 800 were made for US military, 3,000 for overseas. Restored this one over the summer. I have another with the sequential VIN and registration number that I hope to restore by the end of January.

I assume people that vote against me are doing it out of jealousy because I have air conditioning, surround sound, and overdrive. :ROFLMAO:
From what I can see in the picture, it is very clean indeed. How about a few more pics, some of the interior & under the hood would be nice.

hrbergeron

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How about a few more pics, some of the interior & under the hood would be nice.
Already put 6,000 miles on it in about 4 months.

Attachments

dmetalmiki

Well have you ever wanted to cry?...over a situation (Totally out of ( Your control.)), And maybe just maybe beyond your ability to 'rescue it?)..Well..I..(Actually)..Did!.
Both, Cry and rescue!.

I still can not watch this video without considerable emotion. (Pictures of the "Impossible" ( told by all and everyone!).repair follow).

dmetalmiki

Pictures of the repairs. "You have to remove the bumper winch radiator steering box and mounting plate lift the engine AT LEAST 8 inches" and more. to remove the rivets and replace the spring hanger bolts inside the chassis. BEHIND the steering box plate.
I did non of that!. It did however take me 3 days per bolt to fiddle the new bolts into the chassis,,,On the..The end of an 18 inch long steel wire rod!!,
Then pull them through..with......a fo strong magnet!!.

Attachments

dmetalmiki

all this work was carried out single handed.

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks