• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steel Soldiers MV of the month December 2020

Please vote for MVOTM

• dmetalmiki

Votes: 23 38.3%
  • SCM35A2

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • bigmike

Votes: 12 20.0%
  • hrbergeron

Votes: 18 30.0%
  • swiss

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • m715mike

Votes: 4 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

m715mike

First, thank you to the people that have voted, especially the two that voted for me! I can't tell who you are, but thank you! If you haven't noted yet, there's no time like the present!

Second, I am going out on a limb and am going to call this race early. My crystal ball is warmed up. I predict that a wrecker, 5 Ton cargo truck or CUCV II will win this month's MVotM contest!

Now, time for some campaigning....

I bought the M936A2 from a friend of mine back in May. Wes helped me move it the ~35 miles home. The recovery was interesting to say the least! We got a torrential downpour that day and the ground was very soft.

Step 1 - Load the wrecker on Wes' trailer (sounds simple):
M936 Loading on Trailer.jpeg

M936 Loaded on Trailer - Crop.jpeg

Step 1 resulted in the neck of Wes' trailer sinking into the ground. Fortunately, we had a wrecker! After backing the truck off the trailer, we used the wrecker to lift the trailer neck and then slid some railroad ties underneath for cribbing. That would have been great, but we blew a few hydraulic hoses on the wrecker in the process. Talk about messy!

Once the trailer was secure on the railroad ties, the wrecker was loaded again.

Step 2 - Break Wes' truck:
Working on Simp's Roller.jpeg

Wes' designed the roller on the back of his truck to 'fail safe.' A lot of weight from the wrecker was on the tongue of the trailer to give Wes traction as he drove on the wet roads. It was enough weight to break the roller. Fortunately, Wes was prepared with extra parts and we had a wrecker to help with the lifting. Notice the chain fall.... Yeah... There is no hook on my wrecker. The boom cable needs to be replaced.

After repairing Wes' truck, the wrecker was loaded again and we hit the road. Somewhere in that process, I took a chain fall to the face (don't do that at home kids). The day was much longer than Wes and I expected. But, all in all, it was a success. We got the new to me wrecker to its new home.

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cannot we make a rule that contestants have to post at least one canvassing post, and a link to a thread on the competing MV?

I know that many of these vehicles have interesting and sometimes moving stories that should be shared.

hrbergeron

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cannot we make a rule that contestants have to post at least one canvassing post, and a link to a thread on the competing MV?
If anything, that would disqualify people from submitting their vehicle. I don't think it would make a significant difference in the end result anyways, because as papabear said,
WOW!!! 94K + members, 759 views, and only 25 votes cast??? :mad:

M1078MAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Some BEEEEEEE UTIFUL MV up this month..It was hard to decide, but boy does that CUCVII look clean. Wreckers, love some wreckers too (brings back some great memories) M543 (it did duty in Camronbay Vtnm, M816, M936, M10XX in my past.

Voted, but it wasnt easy

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can't wait longer, voting now. Later today I will forget to vote, since we are in front of you in time. So Swiss' tan wrecker it is.

Not the nicest most perfect restored and repainted, but it touches a snare, if you know what I mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks