• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steel Soldiers MV of the month - January VOTE HERE!

Vote for January SS MV of the month

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Another Ahab

Apparently clicking two mouse clicks is either very difficult, or people are having a hard time making a choice!
It's tough when the comparisons are not apples-to-apples:

- Apples to Pears to Peaches to Pineapples

To be fair: how do you start to compare these? It's tough.

ALL those builds are stellar, and each on their own merit. Kudos to each!

(1 opinion out of 1,994)

Last edited:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
It's tough when the comparisons are not apples-to-apples:- Apples to Pears to Peaches to Pineapples

To be fair: where do you start to compare? It's tough.
ALL those builds are stellar, and each on their own merit. Kudos to each! (1 opinion out of 1,994)
That's actually a good observation but I can't think of a better way to do it. I was kicking around weight classification categories ie., 1/4ton (jeeps) 3/4...5ton/10ton etc. but quickly lost myself in specifics.

Patracy prolly thought of all that before he started the thread/poll.

I guess the bottom line is just look at the nominations and pick the one that tickles your fancy at the time.:naner:

3dAngus

The "views" are not unique viewers. I know I account for at least 15 of those views at different times, from different computers, on different days.
I wouldn't put a lot of credibility in views where it should make the vote go up in comparison.

ie, Every time you get off the thread, go to another, then come back, it ups the count on "views" from the same user going back. So, if everyone of the, say 100 votes, left and came back to get an update, and did that 15 times over the life cycle of the thread, that would account for 100 X 15 of the view count, or 1500 views from just 100 people.

Last edited:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
That's actually a good observation but I can't think of a better way to do it. I was kicking around weight classification categories ie., 1/4ton (jeeps) 3/4...5ton/10ton etc. but quickly lost myself in specifics.

I guess the bottom line is just look at the nominations and pick the one that tickles your fancy at the time.:naner:
I kinda have some plans for the winner each month..... Not enough real estate to have multiple winners. ;)

Another Ahab

That's one way to manage it:

- This reduces the whole exercise to pure bias.

And there's not a thing wrong with that as long as it's understood that this is what it's all about.

Bias, we all got one, right? Do the math: Cheek One + Cheek Two = Bias (hmmm, did I spell that right?!)

TacticalDoc

They all look great! I don't have the mechanical or historical knowledge. So, I'm not qualified to vote. However, as a vet I do lean towards Papabear. As an prepper I also like **** On Wheels and Rayzer.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
They all look great! I don't have the mechanical or historical knowledge. So, I'm not qualified to vote. However, as a vet I do lean towards Papabear. As an prepper I also like **** On Wheels and Rayzer.
A Vet? Not qualified to vote? POOP!!

Vote for Wheels, Rayzer or whoever you want to Brother! That's what this thread is for and you don't need to be a Vet to qualify...or even military....just do it!:driver:

Bighurt

I don't have the mechanical or historical knowledge. So, I'm not qualified to vote.
Passion for the hobby is the only true requirement, and even that is a stretch.

Think of it this way no matter who wins you're no worse off, unlike other elections.

Shoot even those who don't win are winners. These weren't self nominated, someone had to nominate them. Which means in someones book they are a winner.

TacticalDoc

I was just saying that I don't have enough MV knowledge to make a good decision. Being a vet has nothing to do with it other than I favor PB which is patriotic and combat truck. To me they all look great. I do favor armored and prepper type vehicles. It's just what I'm interested in. I'll have to think about this one.

EDIT
Voted for Rayzer... nice rig! Hope to see it sometime.

Last edited:

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
113 Votes, maybe we need to make voting mandatory to get access to the site :)

I am ducking from all the rocks and garbage being thrown my way!!!!!!!!!!!!

More voting less talking!

ODDBALL007

Please vote for MV of the month here. Feel free to "campaign" as well. :beer:

m1010plowboy
View attachment 472056

Swiss
View attachment 472041

Jerseyhick
View attachment 472057

M35A2-AZ
View attachment 472058

Reom34
View attachment 472059

Tinwoodsman
View attachment 472060

M920
View attachment 472672

Wildchild467
View attachment 472062

HellonwheelsV100
View attachment 472063

Papabear
View attachment 472064

RAYZER
View attachment 472065

reo54
View attachment 472066
Rayzer

ODFever

Madness Takes Its Toll...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
All of these trucks are amazing! :)

I voted for Rayzer's rig. Pictures only show you half the story. You must see it in person to fully appreciate it! Ray's craftsmanship is truly superb, and he has a wonderful attention to detail. I can only dream of having the skills necessary to pull off a project as beautiful as Taj. I had the pleasure of preparing burgers with his wife inside Taj during a cookout we had at his LZ after the DeLand Veteran's Parade last year. It was sooooo nice being able to use my burger patty press on the counter and wash my hands. I can't wait to set up another parade, convoy, and cookout!
:jumpin:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
All of these trucks are amazing! :)
I voted for Rayzer's rig. Pictures only show you half the story. You must see it in person to fully appreciate it! Ray's craftsmanship is truly superb, and he has a wonderful attention to detail. I can only dream of having the skills necessary to pull off a project as beautiful as Taj. I had the pleasure of preparing burgers with his wife inside Taj during a cookout we had at his LZ after the DeLand Veteran's Parade last year. It was sooooo nice being able to use my burger patty press on the counter and wash my hands. I can't wait to set up another parade, convoy, and cookout!
:jumpin:
I agree, Razer's "TAJ" is top of the line!! It even impressed MB and that's no easy feat![thumbzup]

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks