• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steel Soldiers MV of the month - Nominate Here January

Status
Not open for further replies.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
We're starting a new contest here each month. MV of the month. The rules are pretty simple. Next Friday I will open a poll from all MVs that are nominated. To submit a vehicle for the drawing:

1. You may only nominate another member's vehicle.
2. A photo must be submitted with your post.
3. Previous months winners cannot be re-nominated.
4. We're limited to 10 vehicles in the drawing. I will take the first ten vehicles submitted. Once we hit ten, I'll open a poll for the vote.

So let's get this started! :naner:

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Being an old school stock truck kind of guy I nominate m1010plowboy M135 not only did he share the restoration with the site but he has help many of us G749 nuts with parts and how to info.

Beforeplow b.JPG and after plow a.jpg http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?52255-G749-preservation

I really like and amazed by the mods that folks like Soni, Drew , Jerseyhick and others have done, but to spend the time and money to just make it stock so it preserves the history need to recognized. Since this is going to be an ongoing deal I am sure the mods and bobbers will get my votes in the future.2cents

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I nominated Tinwoodsman truck I know it's not complete but with what he started with and what he has done it's amazing.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I'm lacking the member's name (yes I searched) but I nominate the M813 with the experimental adiabatic motor. It's rare (2 built), unique/ugly with a hint of Night Rider, and the design concept really sets it apart from most MVs.

View attachment 471733View attachment 471734View attachment 471732

Thread: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?34978-adiabetic-5-ton-truck
Ranchhopper's buddy bought it in 2009. I don't think he is a SS member
I thought it was 54reo in Chester Il. Hello, Brian, are you out there?

3dAngus

Filled up cause it was a good idea, though the second hand pictures of some really fine vehicles may not get the deserved vote.
If there was a way the owner who had the best pictures of all on their vehicle could somehow be included for better pictures, it would make your idea even better, and maybe worthy of a SS Hall of Fame calander or something of that nature.

Bill W

Filled up cause it was a good idea, though the second hand pictures of some really fine vehicles may not get the deserved vote.
If there was a way the owner who had the best pictures of all on their vehicle could somehow be included for better pictures, it would make your idea even better, and maybe worthy of a SS Hall of Fame calander or something of that nature.

Years ago on The Dodge Power Wagon forum, a member made a Calander of nominated vehicles from the site ( My M-37 made Miss October )

Attachments

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
3. Previous months winners cannot be re-nominated.
Obviously there will only be one previous months winner, so did you mean that the nominated trucks from the previous month may not be nominated in the following month?

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Nominees will be PMed by me before the poll opens to see if the submitted pic is ok. SSMV of the Year is also a plan as well.

Obviously there will only be one previous months winner, so did you mean that the nominated trucks from the previous month may not be nominated in the following month?
Sorry I didn't clarify, I meant over the course of the year. I plan on having a MV of the year.

3dAngus

Years ago on The Dodge Power Wagon forum, a member made a Calander of nominated vehicles from the site ( My M-37 made Miss October )
Dang Bill, and I thought it was an original idea. :3dAngus:

No, ... really. That is exactly what I'm talking about. Thanks for sharing that. I love it.
This thing could grow into something spectacular. I would buy a calendar, as a matter of fact, if the pictures were of quality, I would considering making them up and selling them for the members. Or the site could do it for a funding effort of sorts.
By the way, that is a nice looking truck.

Status
Not open for further replies.