• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steel Soldiers MV of the month November 2020

Please vote for MVOTM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Several weeks ago, the Wife and I had the opportunity to spend the weekend with Mike, his wife Lori, and their dog Butkus at their home in the Almond Groves of Central California. Mike has his MV collection stored in the shop. So, I was Soldier B and helped Mike with setting the injection timing, and then installing the exhaust system. It took Mike 11 months to completely rebuild the 8V92TA, because he chose to research the TMs, then pick the brains of knowledgeable Detroit Diesel Mechanics, before he started purchasing parts, and starting the rebuild himself. I was almost as happy as Mike when he posted the YouTube video of the first start. I remember when Mike called me about a year ago, to tell me the engine failed coming over Donner Pass, and the expenses to have the Hemtt towed home. So it was nice to see Mike grinning from ear to ear when the engine started, and later that week, the successful road trip. Like the rest of the MVs in Mikes collection, not a corner was cut. 🍷
Here is the wife driving the HEMTT

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
WOW !

This months candidates are ALL WINNERS in my opinion.

The choice was a difficult call (but thankfully we avoided escalation to the Supreme Court) and my twitchin' votin' finger has finally spasmed on one selection.

May the best MV win!

Thanks to ALL who submitted nominations.
Just a reminder..... All mail in ballots MUST be received by 7:06 PM on 30 November to be counted. (NOT postmarked).

All mail in ballots will be hand counted 26 times and must contain a copy of your picture ID (with signature), voters registration card (with signature), at least two utility bills in your name at the address listed on your drivers license, a notarized statement signed by three friends attesting that you are actually you, and finally, an 8X10 glossy photo of you (time/date stamped) signing your ballot.

Mail in ballots not complying with ALL the above requirements will be stamped "INVALID" and the voter will receive 40 lashes with a wet noodle, administered by:

:papabear:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just a reminder..... All mail in ballots MUST be received by 7:06 PM on 30 November to be counted. (NOT postmarked).

All mail in ballots will be hand counted 26 times and must contain a copy of your picture ID (with signature), voters registration card (with signature), at least two utility bills in your name at the address listed on your drivers license, a notarized statement signed by three friends attesting that you are actually you, and finally, an 8X10 glossy photo of you (time/date stamped) signing your ballot.

Mail in ballots not complying with ALL the above requirements will be stamped "INVALID" and the voter will receive 40 lashes with a wet noodle, administered by:

:papabear:
ROFLMBO ! ! ! rofl rofl

I am reminded of the sandwich shop in the neighborhood of my Junior High School in New Jersey (no cafeteria in the school 1969-1971). They had a BIG SIGN behind the counter where you placed your order warning....

WE EXTEND CREDIT TO
ONLY THOSE 90 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER,
AND EVEN THEN
ONLY WHEN ACCOMPANIED BY
BOTH GRANDPARENTS!
NO EXCEPTIONS ! ! !

Migginsbros

If you have some pallets you can get a helpfull filling station. So you don´t have to raise the jerrycan over your shoulder.
The filling neck is a bit high. ;)
We ad some anti gel for winter and the whole year we add anti fouling against the microorganisms who loves the organic parts of the Diesel fuel.🦠

IMG_7770.jpg

IMG_7771.jpg

Thank you all your MV Enthusiasts, have fun with the hobby and stay save.
Thank you for your vote.:cool::cool:

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A triple tie in first place followed by a triple tie in second place. We should avoid the Supreme Court here.

More important, not trying to do politics here, did we already had a female winner for the MV of the Month? Let's break the next ceiling and give the deciding vote to mdmorganwife's 1952 M37.

There are not that many women active in our hobby, and we should honor those that are.

It also would be in style if next to all those big beast that already won this year a more subtle vehicle would also shows up.

Whatever, bring on the final vote to break the tie.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks