• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steel Soldiers MV of the month - September VOTE HERE!

Please vote for MV of the month.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Please vote here for your favorite MV of the month. And contestants, please feel free to "campaign" for votes here as well! Let's have at it!

1. Augdog1964
augdog1964.jpg

2. ke5eua
ke5eua.jpg

3. wsucougarx
wsucougarx.jpg

4. K9Vic
k9vic.jpg

5. Zout
zout.gif

6. patracy
SEMTT.jpg

7. FormerNewMVGuy
formernewmvguy.jpg

8. tankdriver
tankdriver.jpg

9. camoyj7
camoyj7.jpg

10. MWMULES
mwmules.jpg

11. 4x4 forever
4x4forever.jpg

12. Tow4
tow4.jpg

13. Twix
Twix.jpg

14. General McGregor
generalmcgregor.jpg

15. DUECE-COUPE
duece-coupe.jpg

16. T.Highway
T.Highway.jpg

17. airbornebandsman
airbornebandsman.jpg

18. Alexsha
alexsha.jpg

19. Bob H
Bob H.jpg

20. SETOYOTA
chuckwagonII.jpg

zout

I have had many pics other threads on the M909 unit which were mostly all using it camping.

Does not look like much from the out side and it is meant to be incognito.
All the roof racks - back door ladder to access the roof - 35 gallon holding tank - all the plumbing - 12v elec along with 50 & 35 amp service boxes - 7 - 240 amp hour deep cycle batteries - 2800 watt Magnum inverter charger - 100 amp battery equalizer - On demand hot water heater - 80 gallon fresh water holding tank and RV hook ups for their water - DOUBLE 12&24 volt Refrigerators and microwave - Lyons custom made shower/tub - Lyons toilet - all LED interior lighting - Solid red oak interior and double mattress bed - 2800 watt Onan generator - 12 v and 50 amp combined distribution panel.

TWO of these were made in a 9 month period - one is Dinger65's and mine is the other - his I installed the cab ac system in which I thought was insane but it worked awesome.

Those who have seen it at the Ga Rally and other places know what its all about - and yes I would appreciate your vote but there are some cool tough dogs on this poll - but thanks for reading the post if you got all the way through it with out a nose bleed :)

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I've been told that Zout is constructing an aqua phonic garden in his back yard to stock the fridge in his M909 Camper. The last time we were up there a very large catfish tried to eat BabyBear!!

Anyhoo...from what I understand if Zout wins this competition, all his supporters will receive a free fish by mail (or at least a fishy smell).

Maybe that slacker Zout will post some better pics here so you can all see the fine work he did on this magnificent vehicle!!:naner:

Attachments

zout

I will submit to stating all my stuff is built by myself and nothing is sent out to any vendor - nor is the stuff just bought and stuck on or just a bought unit and show it off stating its MINE. An best of all it does not cost me hundreds of dollars to take it anywhere @GA RALLY for one.

I will take some more detailed pics of the interior and the "working" that was all done in house here.

Its always been a great poll and those that deserve it from membership voting will win - that is what it is all about. I feel proud just being nominated.

zout

Original chassis was the M109A3 - with assistance of the CAMO crew after purchasing the M932 the box was then swapped over - this was a feat in itself due to hidden items in the truck that add's some EXTREME weight to it but unseen.
Truck was also painted again when completed. When these boxes were built in 2009 - there were TWO of them completed in a nine month period. First year to the Ga Rally was in 2010.
The bathroom items were custom made by Lyons out of Mich off our measurements.DSCN0628.jpgDSCN0629.jpgDSCN0630.jpgDSCN0631.jpgDSCN0632.jpgDSCN0633.jpgDSCN0634.jpgDSCN0635.jpgDSCN0636.jpgDSCN0637.jpg

There are lots of pics because there is lots of stuff done to it:

unaffiliated

Oh man, it is a toss up between #13 (I mean, Who wouldn't want a hot chick sitting on their hood.......the hood of the truck, guys), #19 (I really like Ambulances) and #11 (Good looking CUCV). HMMMMMMM, let me see here.........(Insert bribe here). Oh yeah, I like Zout's camper too.

m715mike

zout - Taking pictures of the Ritz-Carlton and trying to pass them off as your camper in this thread has got to be against the >>:rules:

Seriously, that is one amazing rig. Your craftsmanship is amazing!

tankdriver

OK,

Photos and story......

Here are some where we were set up for a Air Show at a old WW2 B17 base. No pretty backgrounds, but it's the best I can do....

BUT to start with, here is got to be the best photo I have ever taken.....

IMG_2287.jpg IMG_2152s.jpg IMG_2150s.jpg
IMG_2329.jpg IMG_2622.jpg IMG_2330.jpgIMG_2338.jpg IMG_2339.jpg IMG_2337.jpg
IMG_2340.jpgIMG_2341.jpg IMG_2342.jpg

Thought I'd tell you why I picked the 701 TD A2 as the markings on my WC.....

Good friend of mine, Rudy Grisanti's Dad (Dino Grisanti) was in the 701 TD. So we are doing our local MVPA chapter as 701 TD. We have 3 Anti-tank guns my 57mm, a 37mm being restored, and a 3" being restored.

His Dad started in a halftrack with the French 75 in it. He fought at the Kasserine pass during Operation Torch. Then they put him in a M8, He with through Sicily, and Italy. He captured a platoon size group of Germans by circling the town square in a Jeep with a 50 and firing into the buildings till they surrendered. He won a Bronze Star for that. He then had a Jeep blown out from under him and went to hospital for recovery, and got the Purple Heart. After he got out, he was transferred to France, and finished the war in Europe as TD.

A funny thing is he was 1 generation out of Italy, and during WW2 they usually did not send you to fight "at Home". He said he knew a lot of the places he was fighting.

So that is why I chose the 701 TD markings. The 37mm will be vehicle A1 when finished, my WC63 is A2, and when finished the 3" will be vehicle A3.

So that's my story.....

Last edited:

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As I think every month - how are we supposed to pick just one of these vehicles? Often it is like being asked "Which apple do you prefer, the orange or the pear?".

Knowing how much work people put into these vehicles, much of it not readily visible to the casual observer, gives me great admiration for all of the contestants.

Cheers