• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steering wheel chain lock ...

MAZ537

Hello all,I am trying to figure out how the steering wheel chain is secured to the seat ?I would like to remove one from a parts truck as mine does not have one.Thank you

Sergeant1983

Use of the 5200 series lock from American Lock company was standard back in the day. They came is a set of 5 locks with bookoo keys.image.jpg

Last edited:

tim292stro

Just realize that this is only as much of a deterent as a closed window or a locked door - that chain is readily cut with standard bolt cutters, which happen to work as well as a rock at opening windows...

german m1008

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just realize that this is only as much of a deterent as a closed window or a locked door - that chain is readily cut with standard bolt cutters, which happen to work as well as a rock at opening windows...
You can easily open these trucks like a shoe box. You want the truck......, you got it. The only reason why I wants to reassemble the chain, is to keep the truck as original as possible

Sergeant1983

i carry and use a club on my steering wheel when in a higher threat area. That way it does not modify the vehicle permanently. Although I have taken a friend with me on occasion to stand guard in the highest threat areas, i try to avoid them whenever possible.