• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Stencils, solar charger & gas tank mounts

m139h2otruck said:
The temp. glue fix sounds like the right one to use.
Get some 3M Brand Super 77 spray adhesive, it is removable low tack - NOT THE Hi-Strength 90

16 1/2 oz spray can - black with red/white lettering -. Available at Home Depot

Spray a little on the back of the stencil and wait about 3 minutes then apply to the surface to spray. Remove right after. Try it on some manilla folder material to a similar surface first as results may vary.
I use it all the time for marking out patterns when I need my substrate to stay put.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Stenciled some markings on the 757 this morning. Used the adhesive above and the instructions were the same as suggested by Gary.
Sequence of events in images below. The glue does leave a residue, but I'm sure it can be washed off after the paint is dry.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks