• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Stepdeck recovery !

m.walker

I've been waiting for over three weeks for this farm auction to come . I previewed the trailer the farmer says no tail lights and weak brakes . He had a machine shop make the bed portion . A week later at the auction , It bid to $900 I got it ! I've wanted a stepdeck for a while !
So the next day I get the Louiseville ready and load up on tools , wire , magnetic lights and whatever else I thought I'd need to fix the tail lights . After bobtailing for an hour in the rain ( not fun in a single axle !) it clears up . 109 miles total northwest of Topeka I arrive in Delia . I hook up , fold the landing gear back ( cool !) . I plug in the lights , they work ? . Maybe his truck is messed up ! Pull out on the gravel road , spike the brakes and they work . I'm batting a thousand now ! Drive about twenty miles stop at small town gas station , check everything . The only thing needed is something cold to drink . Hit the road , no problems . Stop on the way back to visit with Dave , a friend from our mvpa club ( and SS ) . Get it home , park it and figure out everything I want to do to it now . I love it when things go easy , thank goodness murphy lives in the southeast !!! Mark

Attachments

Last edited:

m.walker

stepdeck recovery

Some more pics ! I'm thinking of adding 4 more feet , beavertail , ramps and of course paint it ! I think the Louiseville has been white long enough and pulled enough MV trailers it should be green too !

Attachments

Last edited:

KsM715

Damn, Guess I need to be checking the auction flyers a little bit closer. Im not far from Delia.

Nice recovery

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks