• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Stepdeck recovery !

m.walker

I've been waiting for over three weeks for this farm auction to come . I previewed the trailer the farmer says no tail lights and weak brakes . He had a machine shop make the bed portion . A week later at the auction , It bid to $900 I got it ! I've wanted a stepdeck for a while !
So the next day I get the Louiseville ready and load up on tools , wire , magnetic lights and whatever else I thought I'd need to fix the tail lights . After bobtailing for an hour in the rain ( not fun in a single axle !) it clears up . 109 miles total northwest of Topeka I arrive in Delia . I hook up , fold the landing gear back ( cool !) . I plug in the lights , they work ? . Maybe his truck is messed up ! Pull out on the gravel road , spike the brakes and they work . I'm batting a thousand now ! Drive about twenty miles stop at small town gas station , check everything . The only thing needed is something cold to drink . Hit the road , no problems . Stop on the way back to visit with Dave , a friend from our mvpa club ( and SS ) . Get it home , park it and figure out everything I want to do to it now . I love it when things go easy , thank goodness murphy lives in the southeast !!! Mark

Attachments

Last edited:

m.walker

stepdeck recovery

Some more pics ! I'm thinking of adding 4 more feet , beavertail , ramps and of course paint it ! I think the Louiseville has been white long enough and pulled enough MV trailers it should be green too !

Attachments

Last edited:

KsM715

Damn, Guess I need to be checking the auction flyers a little bit closer. Im not far from Delia.

Nice recovery