• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Stinger Hitch Modification to Deuce.

bbbang

I wondered if anyone has made a stinger hitch for their Deuce to be able to pull a gooseneck trailer. I would like to build one up for my truck to be a quick attach and detach to work off the existing pintle hitch and/or a receiver hitch. If so, I would like to see a picture of the same. Thanks. Chris

wehring

Same Idea

I am contemplating the same idea for a bobbed deuce. The bed is too high to put a GN hitch over the axle. Looking for other options.

russ81

RE: Same Idea

I am also looking at doing the same thing to my bobbed deuce, only I'm thinking of changing the drop arm height on the trailer to match the height of the truck. Since I have 52" tires on the truck it sets up pretty heigh.

mlwats1@hotmail.com

I don’t think you need anything to carry the weight of the trailer, what you need is to make a coupler that is attached to the deuce to connect a gooseneck to the already existing hitch system. Look at northertool .com they carry most of the parts you need to manufacture a removable hitch. You will need two 2 inch balls, two 2 inch steel couplers, one pintle hitch eye bolt on type, one 2 5/16 ball for the gooseneck , and some heavy enough to not bend under the loads that will be exerted by the trailer.

mlwats1@hotmail.com

Drill a hole on each side of the frame so a 2 inch ball can be attached pointing down. The couplers will be coming from the center point where the pintle eye is hooked on the duece hitch and the 2 5/16 ball is extended behind the truck in the clear so not to damage the looks of the truck when not being used.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

There was a very nice one at the GA rally. New member and a very well executed job. Hope he starts posting soon. Some members have pics of it

bbbang

Stinger Hitch For Duce

With the help of a good friend, I finally got a stinger hitch built for my duce to pull a gooseneck trailer. Should be great for around the farm, general hauling, and for floats in the parade. I will post a few pictures. I built it where it ties into the pintle and also to the receiver hitch I added to the truck. I also used a piece of 2" bar stock for the backbone to tie everything together. Added some braces and bumpers for good measure. The thing should be bullet proof. Let me know what you think. Thanks. Chris

Attachments

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So is that removeable? Looks pretty stout, I take it the pintle is supporting most of the weight?

bbbang

It is quick attach and detach. Open up the pintle and pull out the two pins in the offsetting receiver hitches below, pull out the bar stock and then just lift the hitch off of the pintle at about a 45 degree angle. I took a piece of round stock and welded it inside the square tubing to sit in the pintle to attach too. (You can see the round stock in the picture. That round piece in the pintle and then the bar stock below in the receiver hitch support all the weight. One man can put it on and remove it in about 30 seconds. Chris

bbbang

Deuce Stinger Hitch

The Wheels in the picture are OD Iron. Great Wheels. I am waiting on my painter. The truck is sanded, and will be painted tan/sand and the wheels will be black. On the stinger it attaches to the pintle hitch on the Deuce, and then the bar stock slides in below is pinned into the receiver hitch to make it solid. This also allows it to be installed and unintalled quickly, by one person, which I wanted. Chris

DavidWymore

How much weight can you hang back there before the deuce gets nose light and handles funny? I guess not a big issue as the deuce is so heavy and slow.

bbbang

Stinger Hitch on Deuce

I have not pulled my gooseneck trailer with the truck yet. On the weight issue my trailer is 24" feet and my truck also has a winch on the front from more nose weight. I think the weight that could be pulled on the gooseneck with my stinger set up, would only be limited to the weight rating of the axles on the gooseneck trailer, and then of course what you could safely brake. You wouldn't want to get carried away as "overweight tickets" are not only no fun, DOT has no sense of humor, but also very expensive in Missouri. I will shoot a picture of the back of the stinger hitch and post a picture or two of it here over the holiday so that those that are interested can see how it mounts to the pintle. It was a fun project and not that hard. The buddy that helped me can fabricate anything, he has lots of metal work talent. I am also going to build one for my 5 ton M813A1 in the near future, and will post pictures of that set up. Chris

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks