• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Stinger Hitch Modification to Deuce.

m109guy

Great work there. Would love to see pictures of the trailer attached when you get around to it. I was looking at hauling a gooseneck with one of our deuces, so this give me lots of great ideas how to do it ;)

rmgill

Nope, the force would be downwards. Only thing to make sure would be to give it a step so it fits under the rear frame member a little bit and bears downwards on the pintle and upwards on the frame.

bbbang

Stinger Hitch for Deuce

Yes on the rubber pads. They are a bow roller for a boat cut in two , drilled and countersunk, and the drilled and tapped iand bolted with fine threads nto the stinger hitch. That boat part came from Walmart. They work great on making it solid and not metal to metal contact if you have lateral pressure. And it was "cheap" and easy to modify. Chris

1995USAFRetE6

Yep... MDOT over weight tickets are expensive but the one a friend of mine got in Oklahoma was just as bad. He was
slightly overloaded with round bales of hay he was taking to a rancher. All I could do was look him in the face and say,
"Ouch!." What else can one say with a straight face after telling someone you had heard ODOT was getting tough on
the hay haulers. :deadhorse: