• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Stolen M35 - Colorado - on or before 11/22/2015

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hope I got this in the right place...
anyway, an M35 was stolen from Gunnison Colorado. From the email I received, it was taken before this past Saturday, 22 Nov. I will try to get additional information that may help finding it. Two pictures are attached. Any information will be appreciated.image.jpgimage.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

loosescrews

Someone had a deuce stolen around here, the cops caught the guy that did it when he brought it into the scrap dealer cut up on the back of a gooseneck. The yard owner called law enforcement. Hope it turns out good this time.

AZK9

Hope it is recovered quickly and that those responsible for the theft get apprehended by law enforcement!

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Man, that is just wrong.... Pray that you have a quick and satisfactory resolution to this theft! The ultimate in "Something for nothing" ! AAaargghhhh, thieves!

icecreamman

Cheyenne ain't a big place.

Lot's of rock climbers there. I'd covertly check out the bubba's that run and build them. It takes two front ends to make an articulating crawler.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Someone had a deuce stolen around here, the cops caught the guy that did it when he brought it into the scrap dealer cut up on the back of a gooseneck. The yard owner called law enforcement. Hope it turns out good this time.
I would go ballistic if someone cut up one of my trucks! I had several railroad wheels and metal fuel cans stolen once. I went to all the local scrapyards with flyers offering a $100 reward. Never heard anything.

I really hope you find the truck. Someone else on here had one stolen and the perps just joy rided till they flattened all the tires trying to climb a hill.

steelandcanvas

Cheyenne ain't a big place. Lot's of rock climbers there. I'd covertly check out the bubba's that run and build them. It takes two front ends to make an articulating crawler.
It was stolen in Gunnison, Colorado. I received the email this morning, promising VIN numbers soon. When I have them, I will post here.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Were I meant to go with my post was, if your local contact can, inspect any trails and fire roads. It might have been joyrode and abandoned.

BnaditCorps

Wondering if the email mentioned whether the truck was in running condition, or had it been stolen from the scene under tow?

Also... a bit hard to tell from the photo, but is the paint color white, or tan?
If is was towed that will be harder to find for sure, no distinctive tracks. But also easier as a deuce on a trailer draws a lot of attention.

Flyingvan911

That's a distinctive truck. Front screen, low mounted headlights and the left turn signal is bent downward. I hope you find it safe and sound and the crooks are caught. Joyriders are usually the thieves of a running truck.

Jeepsinker

Guys, we know these trucks pretty well. From the looks of it, that truck would need some love to get it to fire up, of course sometimes they surprise us. Looks like it has been sitting for a while, and I've never seen a thief that would lug two batteries along with them. My bet is that it left on a scrapper's trailer in the middle of the night.

What a shame.. people can be so stupid.. no truck is worth dying over.

Akicita

Some say I have too many vehicles. Personally, I think I just don't have a lot of parking space where I live. It's all a matter of perspective.

My Deuce could be driven away if there wasn't always at least one other vehicle in the way (mine or someone else's). A thief would have to get that other vehicle out of the way first.

If you can, back up against a large tree, building, really thick wall, etc. and put something else large and heavy in front of it. When I got my truck, I read threads on alarms, battery disconnects, hidden fuel shut-offs and chained steering wheels. Whatever you decide to do, it's likely going to be a lot cheaper than having to replace your truck. I don't believe there's anything that will keep a really determined thief from getting a Deuce but I also believe in making it difficult for them.

Sorry for your loss. Hopefully, someone will find it intact.

bigbird1

Guys, around here scrap yards are only paying 20$ a ton prepared (4ft or smaller). Its not worth the gas to cut one up!!! I Bet its along a trail somewhere, Hope the find the scum that did it.

JohnnyBM931A2

Some say I have too many vehicles. Personally, I think I just don't have a lot of parking space where I live. It's all a matter of perspective.

My Deuce could be driven away if there wasn't always at least one other vehicle in the way (mine or someone else's). A thief would have to get that other vehicle out of the way first.

If you can, back up against a large tree, building, really thick wall, etc. and put something else large and heavy in front of it. When I got my truck, I read threads on alarms, battery disconnects, hidden fuel shut-offs and chained steering wheels. Whatever you decide to do, it's likely going to be a lot cheaper than having to replace your truck. I don't believe there's anything that will keep a really determined thief from getting a Deuce but I also believe in making it difficult for them.

Sorry for your loss. Hopefully, someone will find it intact.
A well placed bullet would stop them.