• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Straight pipe on a NHC-250

StreetbikeDepot

Has anyone straight piped their NHC-250. I'm debating on it, just can't find any hard facts on how it will affect the non-turbo motor.

Does anyone have any knowledge on non-turbo diesels and the affects of low backpressure?

scooter01922

Nothing personal, but what is it with the straight pipe questions around here lately?? You can put a straight pipe on pretty much anything but why the hell would you want to?? Almost any MV is plenty loud stock, there is a reason that putting a muffler on is such a popular mod. Do as you like but don't blame me when you can't hear squat.

StreetbikeDepot

alright, to answer your question.....my muffler is rusted out, thought if I was going to straight pipe it I would do it now. And NO I'm not throwing chrome stacks on it.....just a flex pipe in place of the muffler.

I don't mind the sound, heck a duece is twice as loud of my 818.

I was thinking more on the lines of slighlty lower EGT's in the case that I decide to turn it up just a little.

randyscycle

alright, to answer your question.....my muffler is rusted out, thought if I was going to straight pipe it I would do it now. And NO I'm not throwing chrome stacks on it.....just a flex pipe in place of the muffler.

I don't mind the sound, heck a duece is twice as loud of my 818.

I was thinking more on the lines of slighlty lower EGT's in the case that I decide to turn it up just a little.
Whew! Thank God that's resolved. No chrome!

I do know that without a turbo, diesels are very loud without a muffler. Way louder than a whistler "C" if that says anything.

I guess it wouldn't hurt for flow though.

Westech

CPL
you had me scared for a min there.... but really all joking a side I was thinking of removing the muffler on my 813 also. But the N/A diesel is SO LOUD! when I do replace my exhaust (really soon) Im going to ditch the muffler and put it on the stack. Im sure the stock muffler is $$$$$ and where to find it like the sock i lost in the dryer.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was told recently, the mufflers are about $450(Memphis Equipment).

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I have a straight pipe on the 816...it was done out of desperation since I had to move the truck quickly from where I was making repairs on it. It is LOUD and as soon as I get my federal bailout money I am going to put a muffler on it. If I can figure a way to do it I would like to have twin stacks since I think any big truck without them looks lopsided.It sounds like a logging truck going down the road and I wear my hearing protectors at all times.Deuces came without mufflers but a lot of SS members have added them for different reasons.Since a turbo is considered a noise suppression device in many areas you won't catch flack from the local LEO's.I prefer a mellow rumble rather than a roar.

StreetbikeDepot

Yep, I bet that stock muffler isn't cheap if it can even be found, I don't want to put an external muffler on it since i want the original appearance to stay unchanged.

Gosh I can't believe you guys thought I was a kid trying to "bling" my truck.......:doh:

StreetbikeDepot

Everyones definition of loud is different......have any of you owned a Dodge 24V 5.9 cummins that was straight piped? I do and it sounds great (ofcourse it dumped at the rear of the truck....LOL), people outside hold their ears when I throw the coal to it though!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks