• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Stuck backhoe bucket pin on SEE

peakbagger

Well the fix took about 20 minutes once I had the right snap ring pliers. After bending a few cheap snap ring pliers I ordered a screw type heavy duty version and the snap ring came off first try. I then drove the pin through the hub exposing the shaft on the other side. There was no trace of the grease hole until I took a wire brush to the shaft and then a slight divot appeared. What was in the hole wasn't that hard so I cleaned it out, cranked a bit of grease through it. and reassembled everything. Its all greased up and ready to go.

911joeblow

I hate to say this guys but I had my swap from bucket to auger done in 45 mins. I used penetrating oil liberally on all surfaces and tapped off the paint on the snap ring area and with a short sledge and a little cussing, off the pins came. Now when the pin came out it was dirty and needed some love but not bad considering how long she sat before I got her. I swapped back to the bucket, this time with my daughters help, in 30 mins. A Lot of this is luck of the draw...