• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Stuck deuce and a couple hrs of work.

srodocker

Well I started off my day with a text message with a picture of zackridesred deuce stuck in the mud. from what i can tell it was bad. i asked "you need help?" "yea haha" so i got ready for the day and headed over. after hearing how they failed using another deuce with ndts maybe 2 deuces are better.

before warming up his truck to try and help with movement he noticed he never locked 6x6 in ha. hooked him up on his rear pintle and mine and tried to yank sideways...that wasnt going to work.

so we decided to try and pull from the front. after trying with a shortened up chain. nothing. we then decided to length my chain and try to bump pull him out and it worked. once he was out of the hole he was figuring out how to spin his truck around since some small trees and brush. once we yanked him a little more to get awhile from the hole i heard GO! so me and danny pulled him over the brush and small trees. was sweet. heres some pics no video sorry

Attachments

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Still trying to figure out how you stuck that deuce, with all those trees around, and a WINCH!!

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Still trying to figure out how you stuck that deuce, with all those trees around, and a WINCH!!
YES, IF..... that winch was fully functional...(?) and he knew how to possibly operate it, one-man...!?
Guess someone in that situation, who doesn't notice that the front wheels were NOT spinning (!) should better call for help, anytime!

BTW: there are better ways to attach a recovery strap...! or to directly cut it in half!!!

G.

joshs1ofakindxj

I was actually practicing using my winch yesterday.

Is the cable missing off of the stuck truck or is it just me?

Putting the strap around the front bumper is a good way to cut it. Always use the D-rings. That is what they're there for.

steve6x6x6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well I started off my day with a text message with a picture of zackridesred deuce stuck in the mud. from what i can tell it was bad. i asked "you need help?" "yea haha" so i got ready for the day and headed over. after hearing how they failed using another deuce with ndts maybe 2 deuces are better.

before warming up his truck to try and help with movement he noticed he never locked 6x6 in ha. hooked him up on his rear pintle and mine and tried to yank sideways...that wasnt going to work.

so we decided to try and pull from the front. after trying with a shortened up chain. nothing. we then decided to length my chain and try to bump pull him out and it worked. once he was out of the hole he was figuring out how to spin his truck around since some small trees and brush. once we yanked him a little more to get awhile from the hole i heard GO! so me and danny pulled him over the brush and small trees. was sweet. heres some pics no video sorry
Looks like one of these would have helped a lot.

Attachments

jtron79

Looks like fun! the guys have already pointed out every safety don't i picked up in the pictures. We had someone at work pull a stuck truck nose to nose, when the chain snapped it came through the windshield and almost decapitated the driver. recovery is not to be taken lightly.

srodocker

Yea. we changed the strap to the d rings. yea the deuce he took out has logging tires or something. the winch doesnt have a PTO yet or any cable. so if it was operational i wouldnt have got the call hehehe. we also had a sweat shirt over the chain in case it did snap to knock it down. fun was had by all.

rickf

Yea. we changed the strap to the d rings. yea the deuce he took out has logging tires or something. the winch doesnt have a PTO yet or any cable. so if it was operational i wouldnt have got the call hehehe. we also had a sweat shirt over the chain in case it did snap to knock it down. fun was had by all.
The sweatshirt over the chain was a good idea IF it had been a cable. The problem with a chain is that it will not slingshot, it WILL turn to shrapnel when a link explodes!

NEVER yank a chain! Never yank a cable for that matter since it will not stretch. You guys should be carrying 30,000 lb. snatch straps.
Recovery 101 guys.
Rick

rickf

we then decided to length my chain and try to bump pull him out and it worked.

This is what I based my statement on. From post number 1.

Heath_h49008

I like that truck on the 395s...

Everybody learns what works after the find out what doesn't. Nobody got hurt, nothing destroyed...

Nice looking trucks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks