• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Stuck Drag Link & Pitman Arm

ldmack3

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I didn’t see where you pulled that big straight slot plug in each end of the drag link. It shows installled in one of your pics. Cotter pin goes thru the slot. Easy to figure after you get it out. Mine were really gnarley in there but they should come right out. Bunch of pieces in there, document assembly.

Hummer Guy

I didn’t see where you pulled that big straight slot plug in each end of the drag link. It shows installled in one of your pics. Cotter pin goes thru the slot. Easy to figure after you get it out. Mine were really gnarley in there but they should come right out. Bunch of pieces in there, document assembly.
Yea I got those off, you talking about those cotter pins at both ends of the drag link?

Hummer Guy

Alright, so I basically tried everything to get this off this morning. I came to conclusion, I'm going to cut it off. Where is the best spot to cut it without damaging the steering arm? I notice the steering arm seems to have some sort of ball joint holding the drag link on and then there's threads under that ball joint. Either that or where can I cut the steering arm off without damaging those 4 threads?

Hummer Guy

Correct. The pin then the screw in plug then the pieces. That should have freed up the ball to move to the large opening side of the keyhole allowing it to come out of the drag link.
Yea that's how it should be, I don't get how it's still stuck, from what it seems, I can cut it off at the ball stud and then drill the rest of the ball stud of the hole. At first, I thought the ball stud was possibly built into the steering arm but seems like it's a separate piece

Attachments

davidb56

put the nut back on and use a ball joint fork with a real hammer. No need to torch anything. a LITTLE heat helps, but too much will weaken the steel permanently.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks