• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

stuck rear rim on hub

Status
Not open for further replies.

LowTech

Steel Soldiers Supporter
And loads of others have posted about this same problem. If you had searched, you'd probably have a full night of reading ;)

Heath_h49008

Wow...

That's one way to get an exploded view of the wheel assembly.

The guys are being generous by stopping you. Hug your family tonight. They could have been putting you in the ground.

This thread reminds me of an incident at work years ago when a young tech was disassembling struts and about to hit the bearing plate with his impact while he had the bottom wedged between his boots. He was looking straight down at the strut plate and never saw one of our master techs coming when he tackled the kid.

Kid was swearing up a storm and talking about how "Mean" the old guy was.

FatBuddhaBoo

Without the TM, how were you going to torque the nuts properly?
Just trying to help, but the -10 I downloaded from this site mentions torque three times, but nowhere does it say to what that torque should be, other than "notifying your supervisor" it needs torqued.

ARMY TM 9-2320-361-10
AIR FORCE TO 36A12-1B-1104
Supersedes TM 9-2320-361-10, 15 Dec 88

Table 6 on Page 0042 00-4 reads:

2. Notify your supervisor that wheel stud nuts require tightening to specified torque.

Table 1 on Page 045 00-3 reads:

b. Ensure all wheel stud nuts are tight using a wheel stud nut wrench and handle. If a stud nut was loose and required tightening, notify your supervisor that stud nut requires tightening to proper torque.

Step G on page 0049-047 reads:

g. Notify your supervisor that stud nuts (4) require tightening to specified torque.

FWIW, I found the torque specs in TM9-2320-361-20, Section 9-2...

Last edited:

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
TM 9-2320-209-10-4 page 2-27 and page 2-30 for the inners. Even tells you the order to torque them and the valve stem positions.

joho

I appreciate all the help. I MADE A STUPID MISTAKE. I spend most of my time working for a living, I can't spend the rest of my life reading hundreds of pages of tm"s like some of you. I do have a life other then this old army truck. I am sorry that I am not as perfect as everyone else. unfortunately alot of you guys have nothing better to do then read books, and chastise fellow mv brothers that just ain't as smart as they are. Sorry to waste your time, apparently I am not worthy of this web sight, or it might be the other way around.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Somewhere on here is a thread which has a video of a guy who heated a rim with a torch (for like 10-15 seconds) then walks away (the tire is in a cage). Within a few minutes the rim explodes from the increase in pressure due to the heat. They might be hard on you but they are trying to keep you alive.

seano11

I appreciate all the help. I MADE A STUPID MISTAKE. I spend most of my time working for a living, I can't spend the rest of my life reading hundreds of pages of tm"s like some of you. I do have a life other then this old army truck. I am sorry that I am not as perfect as everyone else. unfortunately alot of you guys have nothing better to do then read books, and chastise fellow mv brothers that just ain't as smart as they are. Sorry to waste your time, apparently I am not worthy of this web sight, or it might be the other way around.
bud I think your taking it way to harsh. Do you realize how close you came to seeing your insides ? I don't want to sound like a dick but if you have never worked on big trucks before doing so by yourself is a good way to end up dead. Everything on that thing can kill you by either exploding or just by the weight of the part falling on you. Do us all a favor and read the TM's and save out hobby from being taken away from us

joho

This is getting old now, I know what a split rim can do. They are not the only people that know of tragedy's of a split rim. Alot of these guys spend way to much time reading books and dreaming that they are really doing the work, unfortunately they can't, and the only thing they can do is read about it (like a school teacher) THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP, but try to remember about the people who love the mv's and are not as book smart as the ones who really think they are.

steelandcanvas

You need to take your licks and forget it, nobody is saying they're smarter, we don't read the TM's and dream about doing the work. There is a heck of alot of experiance here, take advantage of it. The point is, download the **** TM and get familiar with it, most of us have jobs, careers and families too, find the time to read it.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is getting old now, I know what a split rim can do. They are not the only people that know of tragedy's of a split rim. Alot of these guys spend way to much time reading books and dreaming that they are really doing the work, unfortunately they can't, and the only thing they can do is relike a school teacher)ad about it ( THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP, but try to remember about the people who love the mv's and are not as book smart as the ones who really think they are.[/QUOTE]

These are real nice comments about the people your asking for help . After looking at your other threads you have started , you have had this truck since at least 2009 , it's not that much to expect you to have at least read the -10 series manauls . They are wrote for a 18 year old kid with no mechanical background to understand and they are expected to read them before operating one of these 14,000 pound beasts . In the time you have spent on here arguing and belittling the very people your asking for assistance from , you could have read the -10 series TM. Hoprfully at somepoint over the last 3 1/2 or 4 years you have taken this truck to someone qualified to inspect the brake system , if for no other reason for the saftey of the other people on the road with you.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
We as well as your wife and kide would rather have you (the OP) a pissed off member, then a DEAD X member, a dead x member is no help to anybody other then showing someone else how not to get dead quick, on the other hand a pissed off member can at least kiss there kids good night

Sumner

Not too piss anyone off, but as another person that is fairly new to the site, a lot of you kind of come across as really condescending to people that ask questions. In reality, there is a TM that covers pretty much every component and situation that may come up with one of these vehicles. You might as well email every member a copy of the TM's and shut the site down if the answer to every question is 'it's in the TM's'. Forums exist so people can take advantage of the knowledge of others and learn things about thier vehicles. Sure there are topics that have been asked a lot of times and a search will find your answer, but other times it won't. If you jump on people everytime they ask a question though, soon your not going to have anyone that will.

DeucesWild11

Well to go in a different direction, this thread helped me for asking a now stupid question.. ha ha.. My Deuce is on singles but my Generator trailer has dual wheels, now I know why they didn't come loose when I took the outer set off.:?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The smartest/best thing the OP did was ask. Nobody criticized him for that.

Everyone gave him their input/advise.

It's how you take it, that makes a difference.

Some people never will never get it.

Move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks