• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Suggested paint colors for Deuce (other than OD or camo)

JohnnyReb

FrankUSMC said:
I would go with yellow or white.
Yellow is the color we paint our trucks on the flight line for safty, you see them a mile away.
White, you could have magnetic signs made up with black UN on them. This way if the anti loggers come in to the woods you could tell them you are with the UN doing a study on the south eastern spotted owl and they should leave the area.
One of the few, Frank USMC RET
rofl
Frank, you sound like another ol' timer....In the famous words of the Duke in True Grit
(paraphrased for apropriatness): "He reminds me of me".

renovate7

My 2 cents. Whatever you use make sure it's a flat or satin and available in spray cans for touch up. If these are your business trucks you want to keep them looking good, not beat up.

Coveralls

A lot of the new fire trucks around here have swiched from red to a brite green, the kind seen on construction worker vests. This can be seen good at night also.

Blood_of_Tyrants

How much you wanting to spend? If it is minimal and you are going to paint with a brush or roller, then go to Pittsburgh Paints and get some of their wate based acrylic enamel. I used Zinser for a primer and togethere they make a very durable finish that you can leave in the rain without worry.

If you want to spray it on, go and get some automotive acrylic enamel but preparation will be more time consuming and expensive. If you want to spend even more, I would get gloss urethane that desn't require a top clear coat.

IronViking

Do you have a Company Logo or letter head?? Company jackets or hats? Do you already have a
color scheme for your company? If so try to incorporate a few of those Base colors in your overall.