• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Suggestions Wanted! Your Input Is Welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueduce

In my web wondering I have come across several members beneficial web sites. Example: mvdadaplates.com Is there a certian scetion where these gem's are to be posted or do you just start a new thread with "look what I found" type thing. I looked through the regulations and didn't see anything to this effect. Please advise. Glenn

rickf

Good point, His posts up to that point were normal. I am sure there is more to the story that we do not see. If you use a public computer and do not log out others can have just that kind of fun with your accounts.

Rick

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I sent him an automated "warning" asking him to follow our rules. I specifically asked him to use proper capitalization.

We don't do this to make you people mad. We do it to set a standard(maybe too high for some truck owners) and make our web site easily read and understood.

We will not lower our standards.

rickf

I was not questioning the action and you answered my question about the warning. If he was hacked then he will understand and it will be resolved. This site has a lot of people who like to push the limits and also has a LOT of pot stirrers. I do not envy the mods here.

Rick

Marcel

Setting standards

I sent him an automated "warning" asking him to follow our rules. I specifically asked him to use proper capitalization.

We don't do this to make you people mad. We do it to set a standard(maybe too high for some truck owners) and make our web site easily read and understood.

We will not lower our standards.
If you plan on adhering to grammatically correct rules than you should set an example to which the standard is to be held. Your statement above has been spaced incorrectly. Space once before an open parenthesis but do not space after it. I know that you are not perfect but, after all, you are our standard. I however am not so my standard can be held much lower. :smile:

Jeff Nelson

This site has a lot of people who like to push the limits and also has a LOT of pot stirrers. I do not envy the mods here.

Rick
I've never understood why some people want to "stir the pot" like some here do. Must be the anonymity of the web....

I concur with your comment about the mods. I have enough trouble keeping my wife happy. I can't imagine trying to do it with a forum the size of this one.

Note: Spacing, capitalization, and spell checks complete. :shock:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't ask(or expect) anyone to be perfect. I just ask for people to try to use proper grammar. I wish everyone would consider how and what they post, and consider how it helps(or does not) the rest of the members and how it makes this site look(to others).

I never said I was perfect, but I try hard to do well.

Heavysteven

I am always surprised how dramatic people can be on this site. This post is just another example of some one making a pointless statement with the intent to get others worked up.

Doghead, I think you have been doing a great service to this site and the hobby.

LowTech

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've noticed that since the "Upgrade" I'm not able to scroll the pop-up menu for subforums w/ the keyboard. I'm not a big time mouse user and was wondering if we can get that back?

Docuscg

I would like the pictures next to the adds returned. No pictures next too the add means having to read every add to find somthing you might need, or truck you might be interested in. I don't have that much time to squander. I find myself not wanting to even look for anything. This needs to be address. Thanks, Docuscg

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I would like the pictures next to the adds returned. No pictures next too the add means having to read every add to find somthing you might need, or truck you might be interested in. I don't have that much time to squander. I find myself not wanting to even look for anything. This needs to be address. Thanks, Docuscg
This has been covered in the upgrade thread. As of now it's not working with our version of vB. Please refer to the upgrade thread. Closing this thread for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks