• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Suggestions Wanted! Your Input Is Welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Marcel

Got the memo. Still gonna need the other site, things in the messhall are changing. See last posts in these links.
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/mess-hall/84218-political-forum.html#post1079781

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/ss-mai...-political-avatars-signatures-slamming-2.html
Looks like I didn't get the memo.Lol. The mess hall will just be for miscellaneous ramblings than. Posts in the "Conversation" forum will only be about MV's and no overlap will be tolerated?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like I didn't get the memo.Lol. The mess hall will just be for miscellaneous ramblings than. Posts in the "Conversation" forum will only be about MV's and no overlap will be tolerated?
I can't say for sure but kinda thinking that way from reading Chris' posts. It seems that any leeways granted are stretched to the max by some members. There has been too much in fighting lately and it takes a toll on the mod staff. Hoping it calms so we can go back to having fun.

Don, if my thread survives I will leave it alone. It does seem quite popular.

jatonka

By having moved Bug Out Plans to the messhall as the administrator wisely did, it takes it out of the public eye as far as non-member lurkers are concerned. I think that is a good idea, could say alot more but to keep it concise, some of the info posted on that thread has been very interesting, and extremely helpful to me. I don't expect to survive the end of the world, but I would like to get through an earthquake and a handfull of blizzards and a couple of economic down turns as comfortably as possible. Hope the thread stays, JT out

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got the memo. Still gonna need the other site, things in the messhall are changing. See last posts in these links.
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/mess-hall/84218-political-forum.html#post1079781

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/ss-mai...-political-avatars-signatures-slamming-2.html
I had thought the politics were getting out of hand in the mess hall but it seemed like the staff was letting it go. I've been scolded from Chris in the past for politics and was staying out of the political threads to see what happened. My thoughts were right, when Chris found out about it he wasn't happy.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
jatonka

As far as I was concerned thats what the whole thing was about anyway. Just getting through a few unexpected bumps in life. I personally expect a few BIG bumps, but when they come we all should be the better of it.

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The meager presence in the Mess Hall will curtail its popularity. The tolling of the death knell has overtaken the sloth of the thread.
I think it is just taking a nap. It has been a wonderful and informative thread. We have had to fight to keep some of the idiocy out of it like the "loot Walmart crap" but the term Bug Out exists for an important reason. Sometimes an individual or group of them needs to quickly evacuate because of a natural disaster or other calamity.

Think how much better the Katrina evacuation would have turned out if everyone in that area had good information and taken appropriate measures!

This is a valuable resource that will gain new content from time to time and get revived as needed. I am really grateful that we have a place here for it and it is not contaminated with the idiot factor so prevalent in other venues.

Perhaps the best thing We Who Are Interested could do is to keep the blather out of it at this point. I do sympathize with Recovery4x4 about how it grew legs and became something other than what he had envisioned for it. But it DID strike a chord here with many members who do try to make preparedness a lifestyle. Do you keep water, food, tools, and blankets in your daily mode of transportation? Have you always carried a pocketknife? Then that thread is and should be for you.

Valence

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I love the new classifieds! Got rid of the old stuff that kept "refreshing" back to the top..

My only suggestion would be:
The New advertisements should show the pictures associated with each ad, otherwise, I feel it's just better just ignore the whole New ads section and look at each of the for sale sections individually. Pictures really are worth a 1000 words, especially if you're like me and don't know what half the stuff is until you see a picture! [thumbzup]

goatijoe

I am tired of seeing did you read the TM or what have you. It is had to find anything you are looking for in some of them or might not know what one to look at. Instead of bashing us with read the Tm or something like that help us out hint us in the right way to find a answer or give a little bit of input for what we are looking for. Can you make the Tm searchable or even a cheat sheet on where to find them would be great. auaauaauaaua

JCKnife

The TM is searchable! Are you opening them in Adobe Reader? Press CTRL-F to search then type in the term you are searching for and press ENTER.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Reading them dosen't hurt either then you will have a idea where to look . And if you use the advanced search function , you will have better luck searching the forums , there is very little that has not been covered .

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am tired of seeing did you read the TM or what have you. It is had to find anything you are looking for in some of them or might not know what one to look at. Instead of bashing us with read the Tm or something like that help us out hint us in the right way to find a answer or give a little bit of input for what we are looking for. Can you make the Tm searchable or even a cheat sheet on where to find them would be great. auaauaauaaua
The more you use them the easier it gets. I can usually now find most stuff in under 5 minutes. The biggest thing is knowing which manual to be looking in. You could always write yourself a cheat sheet for that until you get them figured out. As far as searching on site use the advanced search, play with it and you'll get the hang of it.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I would READ the -10 (Operators Manual) FIRST since NOT reading it is what started this whole bit

Last edited:

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Its just trying to figure out what they called it to find it. Every one has a different name for stuff on a truck.
Well the good thing is that almost all the manuals call the stuff the same things, whether it be a prop shaft (driveshaft) or torque rod (dogbone) ect.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Its just trying to figure out what they called it to find it. Every one has a different name for stuff on a truck.
That is when you open up the Parts tech manual and look at all the pictures.
Every truck has one.

Look until you find the part and then look at what the manual calls it.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is when you open up the Parts tech manual and look at all the pictures.
Every truck has one.

Look until you find the part and then look at what the manual calls it.

WHAT?!?!? You mean "read the manual"?

:doh: Whooda thunk it could be so simple. aua

OK, All kidding aside.....

The Manuals are BIG. They are a pain to print and lug around. But they are PRICELESS.
Let's face it... These trucks, and the supporting documentation, were designed for the 120-pound 18-year-old kid to take into battle and fight wars. Typically, what we in the SS world have just ain't Rocket Science.

Thanks for all who are contributing here.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks