• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sun 11/17 Azusa canyon

RustyM923

This Sunday, three of my friends and I are going to be at Azusa canyon ORV area. It's $8 to get in, all are welcome. You'd be well advised to bring a 4x4, though.

We're planning on arriving at about 9am.

The list so far:

1 m923 (rustym923)
1 pinzgauer 710
1 F350 with mud tires

Possibles

1 m925a2 (with winch!)

I have a few snatch straps and a clevis or two.

Link to the ORV park:

http://ohvguide.com/maps/azusacanyon.htm

Post here if you have any questions or are thinking about coming. This is a casual event. We're just going out to exercise the machines and have fun.

Last edited:

FASTNOVA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you remember PTO Dave?
Is that
"Puling Trucks Out" Dave?
"Paid Time Off" Dave?
"Parent Teacher Org." Dave?
"Please Turn Over" Dave?
"Pretty Truck Operator" Dave?
"Pull Toyota Out" Dave?

Dude, you put some MILES on that truck! As it should be!!
I'm doing a scientific study on how many miles I can get out of surplus 395's.

RustyM923

Is that
"Puling Trucks Out" Dave?
"Paid Time Off" Dave?
"Parent Teacher Org." Dave?
"Please Turn Over" Dave?
"Pretty Truck Operator" Dave?
"Pull Toyota Out" Dave?
Power Take Off Dave. He had an old red and white Ford pickup with a giant PTO winch on it. He's unstuck a lot of people with that setup.

I think your winch is bigger, though.

FASTNOVA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
if my Hummer didn't need a new transfer case I would attend. Hope y'all have fun
You don't have to worry about a transfer case. We can just pull you around with one of our trucks. Heck we'll even put your truck in the bed of one of ours. We'll probably do a test fit to see if a H1 will fit.

Expendable

You don't have to worry about a transfer case. We can just pull you around with one of our trucks. Heck we'll even put your truck in the bed of one of ours. We'll probably do a test fit to see if a H1 will fit.
hahaha,
too bad she prolly wouldn't make it to Azusa. I was driving her for an hour on the freeway. pulled over to use the bathroom when I saw the case was smoking and leaking. drained some fluid and it's burnt with shavings in it.

Expendable

No I had a problem with the cooling loop inside the case. the transmission was pumping its fluid into the case. fixed that by bypassing the cooling loop. thought I drained enough to make it not overfilled. apparently I was wrong. it was overfilled by like two quarts still somehow.

Expendable

How did you find out about the cooling loop leaking?
Driving on the freeway, stopped at a mcdonalds. came out to see, liquid spots under neath my truck near the fuel tank, thought it was fuel. decided to keep going since I ran it for 5 minutes idling without it leaking. stopped again about hour later when the transmission started acting up. checked the trans level. wasn't even registering on the dipstick. crawled underneath the truck again and looked real good this time. figured out the fluid was ATF instead of diesel. ended up having my dad come down with a bunch of ATF. limped it to his place, had to stop every 10-15 miles to refill on ATF. fixed it at his place later. Then I started driving back down to LA and that's when I stopped and saw the case smoking.

It's a common issue on the older Hummers, that the cooling loop cracks. it's known as the Vampire in the Hummer community.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks