• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Supplies for a Long Trip

AZK9

Unfortunately, it is looking like a July trip now. :cry::cry:
Well... if things happen to change just let me know. My time in NJ runs out in June and
I must be out on the road, rolling towards AZ on the 18th. If my deuce is not 'long-trip'
ready, then I'll have to leave it in NJ and fly back to get it in the fall sometime.

Wolfgang the Gray

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well... if things happen to change just let me know. My time in NJ runs out in June and
I must be out on the road, rolling towards AZ on the 18th. If my deuce is not 'long-trip'
ready, then I'll have to leave it in NJ and fly back to get it in the fall sometime.

Sure will.

Wolfgang the Gray

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Lord works in mysterious ways. That has always been true, but it when I see Him taking my plans and sending me off in a completely different direction, it makes me stand back & say WOW!

So, there is great news & a little bad news so I thought I would share. The place that was going to do the restoration on the truck & was getting in IN emailed me Friday that due to them moving their facility to a new & larger facility, they would not be able to complete my truck until "next year". Unfortunately, I was not prepared to wait that long so decided to look for another vehicle & cancelled my order with them. I found another M35A2 yesterday that is perfect (literally) ...

(M35A2-AZ's beautiful Vietnam tribute truck)
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?154046-Restored-M35A2-and-M332-trailer

...and instead of being 1700 miles from me, it is a whopping 72.9 miles. I went and drove it yesterday and put a deposit down. I'll be picking it up in a couple weeks once I get my garage cleared of junk so it will have a nice place to sleep.

So the GREAT news is that I'm getting a fully restored vehicle that I don't have to pay to fly out to get it & spend a week in the summer heat driving it back home. The slightly bad news is that my wife and I won't have the big adventure we were planning and I we won't be making the big documentary of that adventure getting it home. Instead, she'll be following me home in the car for about 2-hours.

Still, the excitement is high as I don't have to wait anymore (I've been wanting an M35A2 since 1996) and the day of delivery is almost at hand. Thank You Lord!

:clinto::jumpin:

Another Ahab

That's exciting for you, Wolfgang. Congratulations! You're so close now I bet you can almost "taste" it.

And the money you'll save on the marriage counseling that would have followed that (now unnecessary) recovery, will probably MORE than cover any upgrades you're going to want. How sweet is that?! :clinto:

Wolfgang the Gray

Steel Soldiers Supporter
She actually wanted to go and was looking forward to it like I was, but yes I think this is better & saving some $$$ by avoiding the recovery is always a nice.
:naner:

rustystud

The Lord works in mysterious ways. That has always been true, but it when I see Him taking my plans and sending me off in a completely different direction, it makes me stand back & say WOW!

So, there is great news & a little bad news so I thought I would share. The place that was going to do the restoration on the truck & was getting in IN emailed me Friday that due to them moving their facility to a new & larger facility, they would not be able to complete my truck until "next year". Unfortunately, I was not prepared to wait that long so decided to look for another vehicle & cancelled my order with them. I found another M35A2 yesterday that is perfect (literally) ...

(M35A2-AZ's beautiful Vietnam tribute truck)
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?154046-Restored-M35A2-and-M332-trailer

...and instead of being 1700 miles from me, it is a whopping 72.9 miles. I went and drove it yesterday and put a deposit down. I'll be picking it up in a couple weeks once I get my garage cleared of junk so it will have a nice place to sleep.

So the GREAT news is that I'm getting a fully restored vehicle that I don't have to pay to fly out to get it & spend a week in the summer heat driving it back home. The slightly bad news is that my wife and I won't have the big adventure we were planning and I we won't be making the big documentary of that adventure getting it home. Instead, she'll be following me home in the car for about 2-hours.

Still, the excitement is high as I don't have to wait anymore (I've been wanting an M35A2 since 1996) and the day of delivery is almost at hand. Thank You Lord!

:clinto::jumpin:
That's what I've been thinking since our big trip got cancelled this summer. God didn't want us going so there must be some reason for us staying here.

Wolfgang the Gray

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What a beautiful acquisition!

You're pockets must be a bit deeper than most around here.

CONGRATS !!!
I've been saving a long time & a big part of me finally being able to purchase was the inheritance my mother left me when she passed in Feb. She was also a vet (Korean War) & her little brother (my favorite uncle who has always been so nice to me since I was a kid) was a Vietnam vet so this gives tribute to him as well.

The Deuce I was having built in IN was a few thousand more due to things like 395s, 2nd fuel tank in place of the spare mount, 2nd drivers seat in place of the bench (nicer ride for my wife), & a crane in the bed to hoist the 395 spare up into the bed. But this truck is great & well worth it to me since I'm starting as a green MV owner.

Another Ahab

I've been saving a long time & a big part of me finally being able to purchase was the inheritance my mother left me when she passed in Feb. She was also a vet (Korean War) & her little brother (my favorite uncle who has always been so nice to me since I was a kid) was a Vietnam vet so this gives tribute to him as well.
I am very sorry to learn about the death of your Mother, Mr. Wolfgang. May she rest in peace. Amen

She would be thrilled I'm sure that this new rig of yours is more than just a truck, but a rolling tribute both to her and her brother. That's terrific, and something special. [thumbzup]

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wolfgang,
Our condolences to you and your family.
I pray that the memories you carry will be precious and, in a sense, live on in a different yet similar loving tribute of a military vehicle. Each time you drive or tinker with your green iron remember those you have loved and lost.
Blessings,
John

Wolfgang the Gray

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not just a tribute to my Uncle & Mother, but also to the whole family. For five generations, we have been upholding and defending the Constitution against all enemies, foreign & domestic. I'm actually not the first member of my family to own a military vehicle. My uncle owned an L4 Grasshopper (http://world-war-2.wikia.com/wiki/Piper_L-4_Grasshopper) for many years until age grounded him. Hopefully I can be wheeling around in my Deuce for many years to come.
Pfeifer Family of Veterans.jpg

Wolfgang the Gray

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wolfgang,
Our condolences to you and your family.
I pray that the memories you carry will be precious and, in a sense, live on in a different yet similar loving tribute of a military vehicle. Each time you drive or tinker with your green iron remember those you have loved and lost.
Blessings,
John
Thanks. My mother was ready to go and was not afraid to step beyond the vale. She had a strong spirit & a good relationship with The Lord.

rustystud

Thanks. My mother was ready to go and was not afraid to step beyond the vale. She had a strong spirit & a good relationship with The Lord.
That's good to hear. My mother had MS for 45 years. In the last 4 she couldn't hardly move or speak and the mixture of pills and other drugs they gave her took her mind. My sister had power of attorney and made the doctors do everything they could to keep her alive. She stopped eating on her own but my sister had a stomach tube installed. My brothers and I where actually praying at the end for God to take her.

Welder1

Losing a close family member is like handling a double edge sword. You don't want to see them suffer and you don want to see them go. It hurts both ways.

Another Ahab

That's good to hear. My mother had MS for 45 years. In the last 4 she couldn't hardly move or speak and the mixture of pills and other drugs they gave her took her mind. My sister had power of attorney and made the doctors do everything they could to keep her alive. She stopped eating on her own but my sister had a stomach tube installed. My brothers and I where actually praying at the end for God to take her.
That is a hard story to hear, rustystud, and I am sorry about the hardship that must have been on her, and on all of you as the family.

I offer a tribute here to her memory. Amen

Wolfgang the Gray

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My mother was very strong willed & my brother, sister, & I respected her wishes. She had cancer & after the first set (months worth) of Chemotherapy & radiation failed to stop the cellular mutation, she said that was it & she would do no more. They gave her pain meds for the last couple months & then she passed. I prayed for The Lord to end her pain & He did.

Another Ahab

My mother was very strong willed & my brother, sister, & I respected her wishes. She had cancer & after the first set (months worth) of Chemotherapy & radiation failed to stop the cellular mutation, she said that was it & she would do no more. They gave her pain meds for the last couple months & then she passed. I prayed for The Lord to end her pain & He did.

I am sorry, Wolfgang.

God have mercy on her soul. Requiescat in pace. Amen