• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Survival 109 build

QUADJEEPER

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey QJ question for you, how well does your ac cool on a hot day? I'm nearing the point I'm going to install one and was trying to figure out how many btu's needed.
I'm running a 14000 btu unit, largest I could find that runs on 110v and is portable. Also is a heat pump. Cools from an interior startup temp of 98F down to 73F in less than 15 min. Box is heavily insulated though. Been accused of building an ice cream truck. Plus the solar panels shade the entire roof.

theeDIZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you sir . I've been looking at 10 and 12,000 btu. Trying to keep the amps low as possible and still be comfortable.

rustystud

Been accused of building an ice cream truck.

Them is fighting words ! No self respecting Military Truck should have to deal with such indignity !!! Especially one as nice as yours !

ODFever

Madness Takes Its Toll...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone that knows anything about the oppressive Florida summer heat and humidity knows the value of high R-Values!

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well that's just common sense. Road trips are suppose to have "good" junk food ! I've always been found of "Hostess" products like chocolate "Ding-Dongs" and "Ho-Ho's" :drool: !!!
I like the peanut M&Ms. They're easy to snack on while rolling down the road!

Another Ahab

Well that's just common sense. Road trips are suppose to have "good" junk food ! I've always been found of "Hostess" products like chocolate "Ding-Dongs" and "Ho-Ho's" :drool: !!!
'
I was in one of those gas station/ snack joints during a college road trip for my daughter and saw how somebody bought up the Hostess brand and now has all of their nasty and delicious stuff back out on the market again. Sweet!

Hostess-snacks-Twinkies-Ding-Dongs-and-Sno-balls.jpg

rustystud

'
I was in one of those gas station/ snack joints during a college road trip for my daughter and saw how somebody bought up the Hostess brand and now has all of their nasty and delicious stuff back out on the market again. Sweet!

View attachment 620049
I know ! Ain't it great !!! My wife has a fit when I bring the Ding-Dongs and Ho-Ho's though. She keeps saying I'm going to die from a heart-attack from all the junk food and then who's going to take care of her and the boy ! Of course that doesn't stop her from stealing and eating my stash !

LowTech

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes. It's got an interface that let's you monitor many forums, post and reply, post pixs, etc. Much nicer and easier than going to the desktop version when your on a phone.

DirtTrackTravelers.com

Last edited:

QUADJEEPER

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok, gonna snatch my thread back now guys. :) Have now started on the rear frame extension/deck/porch addition. Cleared off all of the fluff, ex. taillamps, hitches, gladhands, crossmember and so on. Man those rivets are tough. Still haven't gotten the angle brace rivets out yet. Tried a plasma cutter, not. I'll figure it out. No torch available. Pic of my new 8" block with a 5 ton chain to use to secure it to an anchor.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks