• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Survival 109 build

zout

For those that thought i was ripping on Quad or telling him what to do-it could be no farther from the truth.

I will explain.
when i was the service manager at two of the Atlanta Harley dealerships i also drag raced my bike in the AHDRA NATIONALS.
bikers would come by the service counter with parts they wanted to buy and ask me what i thought (you would have had to see my bike to fully understand).
I would walk outside with all of them and remind them its their bike and nobody elses. Then explain as i laid the part where it would go. Asking them to stand back and look at the entire bike ascto not let the one part distract from the overall appearance of their hard work. Meaning once they bought the part and stuck it on...was that the only highlighted thing your eyes looked at.
As i have posted. QUAD has done an awsome job and it was a suggestion from the above experiences. Not a critisism.

Ever see a biker going diwn the highway with a small AMERICAN flag on his handle bars and another wuth a huge one mounted to the rear of his bike. Same with flags on puckup trucks.
if you fly it......you still get a full salute from me either way.

Another Ahab

I never thought you were ripping; just figured we were all chatting is all. I mean you even wrote "don't hate me".

And what if that was a typo; like you meant to type "date" and not "hate"?

And even THAT could be interpreted more than one way. :whistle:

The internet can get so complicated when you're trying to communicate.

And then you throw in some of us here where English is a second language, and it ALL can go crazy real fast, you know!?

Last edited:

QUADJEEPER

Steel Soldiers Supporter
For those that thought i was ripping on Quad or telling him what to do-it could be no farther from the truth.

I will explain.
when i was the service manager at two of the Atlanta Harley dealerships i also drag raced my bike in the AHDRA NATIONALS.
bikers would come by the service counter with parts they wanted to buy and ask me what i thought (you would have had to see my bike to fully understand).
I would walk outside with all of them and remind them its their bike and nobody elses. Then explain as i laid the part where it would go. Asking them to stand back and look at the entire bike ascto not let the one part distract from the overall appearance of their hard work. Meaning once they bought the part and stuck it on...was that the only highlighted thing your eyes looked at.
As i have posted. QUAD has done an awsome job and it was a suggestion from the above experiences. Not a critisism.

Ever see a biker going diwn the highway with a small AMERICAN flag on his handle bars and another wuth a huge one mounted to the rear of his bike. Same with flags on puckup trucks.
if you fly it......you still get a full salute from me either way.
Thanks zout. Well said. I'm not building the 109 for a show piece, for sure. I am happy to have an American flag be the focal point on my rig.

QUADJEEPER

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got the rig ready today for the MVPA Fla. Winter Rally this weekend. One thing I did was make a cover for the battery switch panel I installed last weekend. Figured out of sight, out of mind for those who like to twiddle knobs.

Attachments

Another Ahab

Got the rig ready today for the MVPA Fla. Winter Rally this weekend. One thing I did was make a cover for the battery switch panel I installed last weekend. Figured out of sight, out of mind for those who like to twiddle knobs.
That's smart.

Because you know how it is with exposed knobs and buttons; especially the ones we're not supposed to touch.

We just can't help it:

BigRedButton.jpg

QUADJEEPER

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have a great time Quad. Take lots of pics.
Had a good time at the Winter Rally. Good turnout too. Some pics of my rig at the show. Also RAYZERS truck. Pic of my lit flag at night. Also pics of RAYZERS 105 on the back for the ride home. Oh well, here we go again. Pic orientation changes when uploading. Jeez. Getting tired of the system issues.

Attachments

QUADJEEPER

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Whew, max tired here. Been measuring and figuring my available space here at the micro compound and decided that with the 4 foot extension I am getting ready to add to the the rear of the truck, I would be unable to maneuver the turn around the back of my house. So I have planned some changes for more turning space. First thing was to remove an oak tree that was always in the way. Measured it, was 47 feet tall. Then shortened the enclosed deck on front of my woodshop by 4 feet. This gives me more swing space for turning the lengthened truck. I may also have to reverse the swing of the gate. We'll see. Also possibly have to trim the corner off of the house roof, but that is the last resort.

Attachments

QUADJEEPER

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mostly finished up last weekends project on space making. finished removing the tree stump but had to get the gas chainsaw going to do that. Did all of the previous tree work with an electric. After new fuel lines, took all of a minute to do it. Then built a new ramp that now hinges up to allow the truck to pass when removing it from the yard. Also a pic of some of my recovery gear that I am collecting to supplement the winch. Now that I have room to get a lengthened truck out, I can start on my 4' rear deck.

Attachments

rustystud

Mostly finished up last weekends project on space making. finished removing the tree stump but had to get the gas chainsaw going to do that. Did all of the previous tree work with an electric. After new fuel lines, took all of a minute to do it. Then built a new ramp that now hinges up to allow the truck to pass when removing it from the yard. Also a pic of some of my recovery gear that I am collecting to supplement the winch. Now that I have room to get a lengthened truck out, I can start on my 4' rear deck.
I see you have two different sizes of "snatch blocks" . Who is the manufacturer and what are the sizes ? They look pretty good !

QUADJEEPER

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I see you have two different sizes of "snatch blocks" . Who is the manufacturer and what are the sizes ? They look pretty good !
Thanks RS and AA. The larger one is a military issue 36,000# 8" made by Warn. The little one is a 13,000# 6" from Smittybilt. They call it a 36,000#, but marked 6.5 ton. I called and asked about that, they say breaking point is 36,000#. That ain't a 36K block in my book. So I kept it, and will use for a double pull if ever needed.

theeDIZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey QJ question for you, how well does your ac cool on a hot day? I'm nearing the point I'm going to install one and was trying to figure out how many btu's needed.