• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Survival 109 build

QUADJEEPER

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bit of catching up with pics. Was doing the cram trying to get the box livable for the Rally this weekend. Sorta slammed it together and got it out to the Rally. Had a great time. Now I get the joy of ripping most of it out so I can start on pulling the floor. Ugg.

Attachments

Another Ahab

Love the downlights; great looking outcome: no s---.

Speaking of which, what's the story on the commode?

Nifty little "bucket". And I know it stinks to bring it up, but, self-composting or something?

Commode.jpg

QUADJEEPER

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Love the downlights; great looking outcome: no s---.

Speaking of which, what's the story on the commode?

Nifty little "bucket". And I know it stinks to bring it up, but, self-composting or something?

View attachment 526161
Nope, neither. Is a self contained Thetford Porta Potti Curve. Worked well and easy to use. Until I extend the rear frame, I don't have room for a black water tank, hence the self contained unit.

61sleepercab

The porta potti was designed by a distant cousin of mine, Frank Sargent who got tired of a Airstream camper with"no place to go, shall we say". Wonder what he would think of a Deuce Camper?? You are making good progress.
I saw this truck back porch from some site. I like the design.

m35porch.jpgm35porch1.jpgm35porch2.jpg

I like the fold up idea but I would like to still be able to tow a M105 type trailer since I have a MKT 85 field kitchen that I want to play with. I am thinking one step up from deck to truck floor and then steps to ground from there. It would be nice to have MKT catwalks for porch as they are aluminum.

Attachments

QUADJEEPER

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The porta potti was designed by a distant cousin of mine, Frank Sargent who got tired of a Airstream camper with"no place to go, shall we say". Wonder what he would think of a Deuce Camper?? You are making good progress.
I saw this truck back porch from some site. I like the design.

View attachment 526289View attachment 526295View attachment 526297

I like the fold up idea but I would like to still be able to tow a M105 type trailer since I have a MKT 85 field kitchen that I want to play with. I am thinking one step up from deck to truck floor and then steps to ground from there. It would be nice to have MKT catwalks for porch as they are aluminum.
I'd like an openable set of these three pics, can you reload then so I can open them larger. Interested in the folding stair design, but image too small to see details. Thanks. :D

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is where an M-36 (17 foot bed) comes in handy. With a 109 box mounted forward, you have a five foot 'porch' in the back and can still pull a trailer without interference. I put an S-280 in my M36, but not all the way forward. Where I have it, there is room to carry 12 fuel cans in the bed between the S-280 and the cab end of the bed and still have a 41 inch porch on the back. But your idea of using an MKT catwalk in place of the tailgate is very interesting!

QUADJEEPER

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is where an M-36 (17 foot bed) comes in handy. With a 109 box mounted forward, you have a five foot 'porch' in the back and can still pull a trailer without interference. I put an S-280 in my M36, but not all the way forward. Where I have it, there is room to carry 12 fuel cans in the bed between the S-280 and the cab end of the bed and still have a 41 inch porch on the back. But your idea of using an MKT catwalk in place of the tailgate is very interesting!

That is true. I really wanted a M-36 but there is no way I could get it behind my house with that additional length. The added 4 feet that I want to do will be a challenge enough to get it turned in my yard. At least the wheelbase is shorter than the M-36. It will be a good while before I can do that project, considering money and time. My 105 with the 250 in it will be my main storage for longer trips. A 90 gallon fuel tank will fit in front of the shelter and maybe a deuce tank under the RF of the bed. An additional spare under the LF of the bed as well. I also plan someday for a cabover for sleeping/storage space. I have the last two weeks of the year off of work, so during that time am hoping to get the dual circuit brakes installed and then maybe start ripping up the floor.

Another Ahab

My 105 with the 250 in it will be my main storage for longer trips. A 90 gallon fuel tank will fit in front of the shelter and maybe a deuce tank under the RF of the bed. An additional spare under the LF of the bed as well. I also plan someday for a cabover for sleeping/storage space. I have the last two weeks of the year off of work, so during that time am hoping to get the dual circuit brakes installed and then maybe start ripping up the floor.
Cabover will be slick. Like to see that. Got any idea yet what you're going to model it off?

cabover.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks