• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Survival 109 build

ODFever

Madness Takes Its Toll...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I agree with AA. You devised a perfect solution that requires minimum investment of both time and money. I call that creativity at its finest!! :)

VPed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Too bad you didn't have a stainless steel bed pan laying around to use as the commode. It would have made for a nice match.

turnkey

Great work you are doing, in thinking outside the box, in the bathroom......That is pretty good trick using a SS bowel and the SS guys liking it....

QUADJEEPER

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got most of the TV wall done today, installed one speaker for the stereo while it was still accessible. Installed a coax plate for the antenna. Flush mounted a dual power outlet too. Also ran some composite cables from the TV/DVD to the stereo location. Installed some GFI outlets for some reassurance. Ran the cable and installed a dedicated additional outlet for the range top. Framed out the bathtub support structure. Got a visit from the wood work expert RAYZER today.

Attachments

QUADJEEPER

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got some stuff shipped in this morning so had some new things to play with. Installed six single outlet power outlets and two fans. I have four dual outlet power outlets still on order. Removed some temporary wiring splices ( read Scotch Locks) and properly soldered and heat shrunk them before covering it all up with wall board. Framed in the rear door-hall wall-bathroom door hinge frame area so I can see how the salad bowl lavatory will fit in. Bathroom door will not be as wide as I'd like, looks to be about 19.5" once framing is done, but workable. Also started to run speaker cables for four inside speakers and two outside ones.

Attachments

QUADJEEPER

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got a bunch of little stuff done this weekend. Cut out my stainless steel salad bowl drain hole. Took all of five seconds with the plasma cutter. Crudely framed the bathroom mirror and installed it and the second LED lap on the right of the mirror. Lights have a dim mode, good for a night light, and a killer bright mode. Cut out my massive countertop for the bathroom sink. Still need to make a cabinet for support and storage. Might get a bar of soap in it. Found a nice single lever single hole faucet for the sink. I like it. Nice and compact. Installed the drain in the sink and set it in the counter, very small but functional. Put some child locks on the fridge doors to keep them closed on the road.

Attachments

Another Ahab

Got a bunch of little stuff done this weekend. Cut out my massive countertop for the bathroom sink. Still need to make a cabinet for support and storage. Might get a bar of soap in it. Found a nice single lever single hole faucet for the sink. I like it. Nice and compact.
That "micro"-sink set-up worked out great, QJ; nice job. [thumbzup]

QUADJEEPER

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Started making the trim panel for around the stereo, XM receiver and the HD radio receiver. Can't finish it until the composite switcher comes in. Put up the cooktop wall and speaker. Not much room. Also painted some panels while the roller was wet. Put a sight window in the left panel with a LED lamp so I can see the fresh water level without opening up the dinette seat. On the other side installed a return air grill for the AC/heat. Put up an indoor/outdoor thermometer so I can see why I'm sweating. Had to relocate my backup 24 volt lamp and the smoke detector since the wall by the fridge was too tight for the lamp. Added another outlet to the left of the kitchen sink. Makes 18 outlets in/on the truck now. Also made a shelf for the toaster oven to raise it up some so you don't hit it while seated.

Attachments

rustystud

Quadjeeper, you don't give yourself nearly the credit you deserve. We can all see the fantastic job your doing ! I only wished mine looked half as nice as yours !:mrgreen: (This icon is suppose to mean green with envy right ?)

QUADJEEPER

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Quadjeeper, you don't give yourself nearly the credit you deserve. We can all see the fantastic job your doing ! I only wished mine looked half as nice as yours !:mrgreen: (This icon is suppose to mean green with envy right ?)
Thanks RS. I don't feel I'm building anything special. Just what I want on the meager budget I have. It's nothing fancy, that is for sure.

QUADJEEPER

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Update on this weekends progress. Had considerable rain but did knock some things off of the list. Finished roughing in my stereo panel with the XM and HD. Have a composite switcher for selecting input. Got the closet framing up then installed the wall board. Also got one tub wall up, will be using poly panels for waterproofing. Placed a small support for the tub seat.

Attachments

Last edited: