• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Survival 109 build

Another Ahab

Been awhile since I've been on the green machine project. Installed a drain vent valve in the bathroom sink drain as well as the kitchen drain. Checked on my guard frog, was sleeping on the job again. Ugg.
I don't know, maybe she's working the night shifts and you just caught her catching her shut-eye:

- Check the time-cards. :mrgreen:

QUADJEEPER

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Been doing a little here and there on the truck as well as a recently acquired "ground support vehicle". It is a '10 Polaris Ranger 800 EFI XP. Built in the USA too! I wanted something that ran, the last one, a 6x6, was a losing battle. Got it for a good price, but it was RED. Ugg. Not any divisions color. So I bought some used green plastic and green bed decals and changed it over. Now I have something to run around with when out at events and rally's with the truck. Also tried to use a very used cutting torch to cut out some under box cross members on the 109 box for some drain pipes. Long story, including setting my hand on fire, but it is done. Marked and cut new holes in my grey waste holding tank for the 3 inlets needed. Had to jack up the box again, had left the box to frame bolts out/loose from the last time I fitted the tank. Got it installed for the last time with all inlets fitted and the gate outlet valve also installed. Have ratchet straps holding it in for now, need to fab some steel straps for permanent support. Also need to run the vent line. Now I can concentrate on the deck itself. Decided I'd like to use aluminum scaffold planks for it but need CHEAP used ones. No luck so far.

Attachments

Last edited:

sac

Some pics of add ons over the last several months. I mounted two 24v fans on the dash, a 70 watt 24v to 12v converter behind the passenger seat, some additional switches under the dash, a clock, a 2" receiver hitch, made a folding front bumper step and installed LED headlamps. Vast improvement.
What kind of truck was the receiver hitch for?

Thanks Scott

QUADJEEPER

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Finally decided on my deck material. Checked out aluminum scaffold planks, bleacher seats, aluminum decking for homes, all too expensive. So I looked in my backyard "parts department, and found the aluminum ramp that was in my truck when I got it. Measured it, was within an inch of what I had already planned for. So about 6 hours with a plasma cutter, sawsall and a hacksaw, I now have a deck. Still need to frame the perimeter and bolt it down, but it is roughed in. Will be carpeted once everything is in place, so the surface doesn't matter to me. Will next be framing supports for a roof and screened sides. Will hinge the ladder on the left side with a screen door inboard of that. Will have expanded aluminum mesh on the exterior to protect the screen and conceal it some. Then over that, roll down canvas. Lot to do yet.

Attachments

Another Ahab

Finally decided on my deck material. I now have a deck. Still need to frame the perimeter and bolt it down, but it is roughed in. Will be carpeted once everything is in place, so the surface doesn't matter to me. Will next be framing supports for a roof and screened sides. Will hinge the ladder on the left side with a screen door inboard of that. Will have expanded aluminum mesh on the exterior to protect the screen and conceal it some. Then over that, roll down canvas. Lot to do yet.
It's looking great QUADJEEPER!

Sure, there's a lot to do, but at least you got the plan mapped out in your head.

That seems like the hardest part sometimes to me: figuring what parts and materials to use and then having the general game plan put together in a mental picture. You're already there. Sweet.[thumbzup]:beer:

QUADJEEPER

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's looking great QUADJEEPER!

Sure, there's a lot to do, but at least you got the plan mapped out in your head.

That seems like the hardest part sometimes to me: figuring what parts and materials to use and then having the general game plan put together in a mental picture. You're already there. Sweet.[thumbzup]:beer:

Thanks AA. My mental pic is a total mess these days! :cookoo:

rustystud

Finally decided on my deck material. Checked out aluminum scaffold planks, bleacher seats, aluminum decking for homes, all too expensive. So I looked in my backyard "parts department, and found the aluminum ramp that was in my truck when I got it. Measured it, was within an inch of what I had already planned for. So about 6 hours with a plasma cutter, sawsall and a hacksaw, I now have a deck. Still need to frame the perimeter and bolt it down, but it is roughed in. Will be carpeted once everything is in place, so the surface doesn't matter to me. Will next be framing supports for a roof and screened sides. Will hinge the ladder on the left side with a screen door inboard of that. Will have expanded aluminum mesh on the exterior to protect the screen and conceal it some. Then over that, roll down canvas. Lot to do yet.

Remember what "George Peppard" on "A" team used to say, "I love it when a plan comes together !"

Last edited: