• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

suspended GL account

mckeeranger

The letter sounds fine. I would change the last line: "We are trying to be understandable and patient... " to: "We are trying to be reasonable and patient..." or, maybe understanding and patient...

-Chuck
I agree.

"understanding" instead of "understandable"

Everything else looks good to me.

mckeeranger

Dang it! You guys are right about that, but I already sent it.
Here is a pic of the first one I bought in May without any problems.
Hey, don't sweat it. It was well written and included everything they should need.

They may reinstate your account, but don't count on them honoring that sale. Once they decided you are in default, the lot goes back in the system and from what I understand, there is nothing they can do about it.

stumps

I don't know about there being nothing Government Liquidation can do about it... more probably there is nothing Government Liquidation will do about it.

They were at fault, you followed the rules, they should make it right. Since the trailer hasn't been auctioned off yet, they should give it to you. It is yours.

I was at a live DRMO auction quite a few years back, and I was bidding on a mill that I really wanted. I had my paddle up for the whole time. The hammer came down, and the auctioneer sold it to some other guy. He told me there was nothing he could do about it. I pressed the issue, and made quite a stink, and others in the auction started joining in, and he finally relented and continued the auction between just me and the other guy. Thankfully it only cost me another $100 over what it should have.... still way less than I had planned to pay.

Fight for what is yours.

-Chuck

Last edited:

StanBo

That is why I always say we need to type out "Government Liquidation" in these threads and not say GL. That way the search engines pick it up and people doing research about them can read just how many of us have had these same issues. Bad press, if they feel it is eough to put the contact in jeapordy, is the only method we have for forcing them to clean up their mess.
Hello everyone. I agree with putting the full name in the thread. I didn't know what was going on and just opened this out of curiosity.

I am super new to military vehicles and would like to get a m416 to tow behind my jeep.

I am glad I came accross this thread and will continue to read it now. I haven't made an account with Government Liquidators but now know that there are some pitfalls.

Thanks for the information.

*edit*

What is a EUC?

Last edited:

time4wine_again

EUC is gov. paperwork (to verify you aren't an "evil doer"), some would also call it the "Never Ending Wait" or "Time to Call a Marriage Counselor" LOL
sry for the bad humor
Until now all of my experiences with Government Liquidation has been positive (I have to be honest here). But this past issue is givin' me major headaches!!

StanBo

EUC is End Use Certificate. Needed for purchases of most stuff we want! Takes anywhere from a few days to impossible to get. rofl
Makes more sense then:

Emergency Unemployment Compensation

or

Excellent Used Condition

EUC is gov. paperwork (to verify you aren't an "evil doer"), some would also call it the "Never Ending Wait" or "Time to Call a Marriage Counselor" LOL
sry for the bad humor
Until now all of my experiences with Government Liquidation has been positive (I have to be honest here). But this past issue is givin' me major headaches!!
Very cool. I will have to remember this when I make a purchase.

time4wine_again

UPDATE
Yesterday was our seventh day of no resolution with Government Liquidation. Our patience is getting very thin. We called last night at 7:49 pm local - ten minutes 'till quitin time for them. The conversation started with the same stone wall as the others; Management is looking into the situation. And then it switched to, I really can't discuss this situation with anybody but the account holder.
**SIDE NOTE HERE. I have Parkinson's Disease. We decided several years ago to put all finances in my wife's name. So, the Government Liquidation account follows their rule of the account name must match the credit card name. Officially this is her account.***
That struck us as odd since WE were both talking to her on speaker phone (the wife had to ask her to continue speaking). It was the same cookie cutter replies; I don' know when management will make a decision, I understand your position, you little people should feel lucky that they are even looking at this....
Then an another switch happened mid-sentence, 'Oh, as I'm reading through your information I see that management will be contacting you by the end of business tomorrow.' WHAT? We interpreted that as, 'By tomorrow we should have figured out a way to blame the customer for our screw up'. I'd like to be optimistic about this outcome. But, with their track record, that's hard to do. If you guys thought that EUC wait was a "nail biter", try going through this!
After 1 week of stress and lack of sleep, I'm starting to hear sounds that aren't real. It's always the same, I think the sound comes from behind me. It kind of sounds like a zipper being unzipped followed by a belt buckle hitting the floor. Maybe I'm just being paranoid! :)

mistaken1

Then an another switch happened mid-sentence, 'Oh, as I'm reading through your information I see that management will be contacting you by the end of business tomorrow.' WHAT? We interpreted that as, 'By tomorrow we should have figured out a way to blame the customer for our screw up'.

I interpreted that to mean it is quitting time, your 10 minutes were up and they rep needed to get you off the phone so they could leave.

Csm Davis

Hey if you think 25% is bad try 100% paid for lot got all my paperwork cleared set up appointment to pickup lot dad had heart attack morning I was to go, called asked for new appointment was told NO, had appointment for different lot next week went and asked again about lot that I missed, it was in same row as what is was picking up, told no again by site manager I called GOVERNMENT LIQUIDATION and was told site manager had last say.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey if you think 25% is bad try 100% paid for lot got all my paperwork cleared set up appointment to pickup lot dad had heart attack morning I was to go, called asked for new appointment was told NO, had appointment for different lot next week went and asked again about lot that I missed, it was in same row as what is was picking up, told no again by site manager I called GOVERNMENT LIQUIDATION and was told site manager had last say.
Well that sounds like a new low for GL to me. You're dad has a heart attack but that still doesn't excuse you from picking up your lot? What site was it and what was the site managers name? I think they need to be "called out".

TexAndy

If you think that's stressful, try dealing with a bank that won't make an "unusual charge exception" last more than 24 hours and getting Government Liquidation to charge the card within that 24 hour time frame on two tons of cartridge brass.

Good luck with your next round in the ring.

time4wine_again

Well, you guys aren't going to believe what I'm about to type.
Our account has been turned back on, the $399 default fee has been dropped, and WE GET THE TRAILER! This is per a phone call Friday night. The credit card won't be charged / invoice done until Monday, I forget the reason why but it sounded legit. I'm just happy it all worked out ok.
I guess now I should ask if anybody knows of a good transport company? It'll need a lowboy/RGN (removable goose neck).
Thanks to All.

stumps

Well, you guys aren't going to believe what I'm about to type.
Our account has been turned back on, the $399 default fee has been dropped, and WE GET THE TRAILER! This is per a phone call Friday night. The credit card won't be charged / invoice done until Monday, I forget the reason why but it sounded legit. I'm just happy it all worked out ok.
I guess now I should ask if anybody knows of a good transport company? It'll need a lowboy/RGN (removable goose neck).
Thanks to All.
Actually, I do believe what you type. I have had nothing but very good results with Government Liquidation, and what they did for you is exactly what they should have done. It is a shame that it had to pass through some bone headed idiots before it got to someone reasonable.

Now, if there truly is a god, the GL idiots that put you through this ordeal should get some retraining in how to do their job fairly and correctly.

-Chuck

time4wine_again

The first transport company I used was very good. But they dont have a lowboy RGN. So, they just pulled it. I thought it would simple. We had to drive down to Redstone to switch the trailer tail bulbs to 12 volt. Then the real fubar was the tractor plugs into a 7 pin and the trailer is something like a 21 pin. I had to jerry rig wires the full length of the trailer. Brake lights and turn signal was all I could get to work. We got lucky, made it home without D.O.T. issues. Ft. Mead is to far away to try that again! Having this one pulled home again would be cheaper and easierto do. But I would have to find a pigtail that would go from a civilian 7 pin to what the military is using, and I haven't found one yet! (I need to ask that in the trailer section.)

wikallen

Portable magnetic tow lights would solve your problems. Available a Harbor Freight.

Funny thing about the HF tow lights. Mine were wired wrong. The bright filament was wired to the lights, while the dim was to the turn signals. Also, the ground wire is a bit too thin, you will get slight blinking in all lights if the lights are on, with a turn signal on.

But for about 10 bucks, they did their job after I switched the wiring around.