T-136 limits?

290smallcam

At what point would the T 136 case come apart? Can't find the max tourqe ratting for it here or any other sites. Would 600 ft two be way to much?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
They can handle gobs of hp and torque more than 600ftlbs. I've seen one in a truck with an 8.3. Even can twist an output shaft on one. Make sure it's an air shift case though.

I'm sure @Jeepsinker is making more than 600ftlbs from the 6bt

Jeepsinker

Yeah the one behind my Cummins is holding up fine. It'll hold up to more torque than the transmission will. I have zero concern about breaking my transfer case, and no plans to upgrade it.

290smallcam

That was my next question, is the transmission as strong. Guess not. I'm always watching jeepsinkers YouTube videos when I'm board. Love to see him do a power steering hf54 conversion. By the way if jeepsinkers reads this, did you ever find a thicker flywheel? I know in your video you wasn't pleased with how far you input shaft went in.

Jeepsinker

That was my next question, is the transmission as strong. Guess not. I'm always watching jeepsinkers YouTube videos when I'm board. Love to see him do a power steering hf54 conversion. By the way if jeepsinkers reads this, did you ever find a thicker flywheel? I know in your video you wasn't pleased with how far you input shaft went in.
When I get back I'll be installing power steering. I didn't find a thicker flywheel yet but I think I may be able to use a dual disk clutch instead.

For what it's worth, the transmission is plenty strong as well, but I do believe that the transfer case is stronger.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not sure about torque but it can handle 200 hp at 2800 rpm all day.
Well, our transmission actually does act like a torque multiplier for the engine. So, for the 3053 in 1st gear, at 5:1 - the transfer should hold all day long at 2000 ft-lb, at least. I know it does - and much more than that.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks