• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

T-136 limits?

290smallcam

At what point would the T 136 case come apart? Can't find the max tourqe ratting for it here or any other sites. Would 600 ft two be way to much?

290smallcam

That was my next question, is the transmission as strong. Guess not. I'm always watching jeepsinkers YouTube videos when I'm board. Love to see him do a power steering hf54 conversion. By the way if jeepsinkers reads this, did you ever find a thicker flywheel? I know in your video you wasn't pleased with how far you input shaft went in.

Jeepsinker

That was my next question, is the transmission as strong. Guess not. I'm always watching jeepsinkers YouTube videos when I'm board. Love to see him do a power steering hf54 conversion. By the way if jeepsinkers reads this, did you ever find a thicker flywheel? I know in your video you wasn't pleased with how far you input shaft went in.
When I get back I'll be installing power steering. I didn't find a thicker flywheel yet but I think I may be able to use a dual disk clutch instead.

For what it's worth, the transmission is plenty strong as well, but I do believe that the transfer case is stronger.

290smallcam

The pilot bearing would be the same I think. The Spicer 6000 series was used on the LDS in the 5 tons. So I think a 6352 input shaft would fit the 6BT?

neomadic

Same as what? Not the same, if you are referring to the 5-ton Spicer vs. the Deuce's 3053.
Can confirm for sure. I'm just finding this out the hard way. I got a LDS motor, but it looks like they put a LDT crank in at some point because it has the .750 id bronze bushing instead of the 30mm id bearing listed for the 5 ton. I always thought the motors used the same crank. I was apparently wrong.

They sure didn't make drivetrain modifications easy on these things. Now I get to choose between machining the fso6406 input shaft down, or making a contraption to bolt to the clutch housing so I can fire the engine up, feed a cutter in, and bore out the crank, or, making a flywheel spacer and clutch housing spacer/adapter.

The FSO was only available with SAE#2 clutch housings and pull clutches apparently, so figuring out how to convert all that is my next hurdle. It's probably simpler than it looks, but no one lists measurements of anything anywhere, so I can't do anything until I've gathered all of the parts. Just have to find a clutch housing next, or decide to modify/adapt the one off the 3053.

Jeepsinker

Can confirm for sure. I'm just finding this out the hard way. I got a LDS motor, but it looks like they put a LDT crank in at some point because it has the .750 id bronze bushing instead of the 30mm id bearing listed for the 5 ton. I always thought the motors used the same crank. I was apparently wrong.

They sure didn't make drivetrain modifications easy on these things. Now I get to choose between machining the fso6406 input shaft down, or making a contraption to bolt to the clutch housing so I can fire the engine up, feed a cutter in, and bore out the crank, or, making a flywheel spacer and clutch housing spacer/adapter.

The FSO was only available with SAE#2 clutch housings and pull clutches apparently, so figuring out how to convert all that is my next hurdle. It's probably simpler than it looks, but no one lists measurements of anything anywhere, so I can't do anything until I've gathered all of the parts. Just have to find a clutch housing next, or decide to modify/adapt the one off the 3053.
It probably has a bushing adapter pressed into the crank. While I'm not 100% positive, I don't think they would've had a separate crank for 5 ton and 2.5 ton applications. Bushing/ bearing adapters in crankshafts are very common.

neomadic

It probably has a bushing adapter pressed into the crank. While I'm not 100% positive, I don't think they would've had a separate crank for 5 ton and 2.5 ton applications. Bushing/ bearing adapters in crankshafts are very common.
I did more research after this post and it looks like a 62mm od bearing gets pushed into the flywheel on 5 ton applications, which is cool. Now I just need to find a bellhousing and figure out if the 5 ton release bearing setup will work.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks