• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tactical Doc's M923 fuel preservative choice

5tonman1971

I called 2 Allison trans service mechanics and they said 15w40 is fine and would leave it because the trans is not electric. I'm not sure why everyone puts Dex3 in it. They said DEX3 is no longer recommended in Allison transmissions because it does something to the seals.

1 gal of motor kote is 25 bucks which is as much as lucas. STP oil treatment is just as good and costs 12 bucks per gal

I read this from of one of the reviews about Motor Kote;

This is one tremendous ripoff. I am a 30 year truck driver. I have had my Hazardous Material Certificate since it's inception. All chemicals have a data sheet for emergencies and such. I just happened to look up Motor Kote one evening while resetting hours at truck stop. It is MINERAL OIL. I repeat MOTOR KOTE IS NOTHING BUT MINERAL OIL !!! Do not believe me. Please check it out for yourself. If you want to put MINERAL OIL in your engines at least don't get screwed for $99 a gallon. You have been warned. Drive safely.

Yea I've only used motorkote a few times, I mainly use automatic transmission fluid like I said I think trans fluid is a great lube for the injectors and pump. But that is some good information and I will not use that anymore.

5tonman1971

if the ATF changes the color red you may be fined for off road fuel...Just FYI

PS don't know how the title got changed to TDs preservative choice
To my knowledge from what I've seen it Dosent seem to effect the color very much at all. If for some reason a cop decides to stop an MV then I will simply show him the jug of trans fluid and explain the reasoning and pray he understands hahaha

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks