• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Taking my MVs hunting in NW Oklahoma

Cleptomaniac

Well we are going to take the Deuce hunting and camp out in her. We are also towing the 1009 for running around! Should be alot of fun! Pics will follow after.
Oh yea we are going about 20 mi W of Woodward OK 165mi 3.5 hr in a "normal" car:driver:So just the drive will be fun!

JCKnife

I have only camped in the deuce bed once and I had a real issue with condensation dripping off the ceiling on me and all the gear. I mean it was really bad. Is this common? I guess the solution would be ventilation but when it's cold...ventilation isn't always comfortable either!

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have only camped in the deuce bed once and I had a real issue with condensation dripping off the ceiling on me and all the gear. I mean it was really bad. Is this common? I guess the solution would be ventilation but when it's cold...ventilation isn't always comfortable either!
Stop breathing.:mrgreen:

Cleptomaniac

We are hunting deer. But will shoot any thing that is in season!! :grin: Have camped in her once but wasn't too cold that time. We are in for some lows in the 20s.

shenkmen

Opening the four vents helps. Condensation will still form but not as bad. If there is air movement it's better. Zero degree sleeping bags help. The 4 Pc Modular Sleep Systems are really nice. They are very high quality - Tennier Industries Modular Sleep System | 8465014456274 | Uncle Sam's Retail Outlet

sierra117

How do you plan on staying warm. Mid 20s and your basically sleeping in a tent with a metal floor. You'll have to let us know the hunting trip went.

oldguy

My son and I just got back from a deer hunting trip in my M36A3 (got a 9 point buck). We raised the top by extending the bow legs 23" so we would have walk around head room. We insulated the top by making a "blanket" out of six layers of 3/16" bubble wrap. We got ours from a local packaging supplies dealer and held all the pieces together with duck tape. It was a pain to make but it really works. We insulated the floor by laying down foam plastic insulation boards (Home Depot) and covering them with 5/16" plywood.
Based on an earlier experience with sleeping in an unventilated and uninsulated full sized van, I would agree that the problem you experienced was condensation due to lack of ventilation. I believe it was compounded by having (perhaps) not enough insulation in the top and floor.

SGT Estum

I used to sleep in the back of a 5-ton in my field artillery days. The condensation from four people sleeping back there is unreal.

Let's see those deer!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks