• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Taking my MVs hunting in NW Oklahoma

Cleptomaniac

The thing is a M66 gun ring for mounting a M2 on (50 cal machine gun)
And I'm 6'3" and the leg room is not too great! But I love the thang!
No deer today may be in the morning.

Flyingvan911

I love camping in the back of my deuce. The wind won't blow it around. No one will stumble and fall on it in the dark. And it's easy to pack up and drive away. Good luck with the hunting.

JCKnife

Really hate to threadjack..
But how's the legroom in the deuce? Just wondering, I'm 6'5.
It is a careful move to get in the seat but once there it isn't too terrible. My knees don't hit anything. It's not as roomy as a modern fullsize pickup by any means, and the seating angle is not at all designed for comfort, but it's certainly still fun to drive.

Varyag

We have used the deuce for camping a few times and it works great. I have an LMTV top and cage on mine so it sits about 2 feet higher then the cab. That may have kept the condensation down.

I am 6'2 and the sleeping system can get tight if I really stretch out. I am not sure how much more room there is for legs. That is the best sleeping system ever though. I slept in mine for 2 deployments and loved it.

armytruck63

An 8 X 12 foot piece of carpeting on the floor will keep you from stepping on ice cold metal first thing in the morning.

I'm only 5' 10" and I find I have to hunch over to see traffic lights at intersections with the hard top on. What do you tall guys do?

Last edited: