• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tale of two Deuces

Rhino 5/4

@fuzzytoaster was so much help getting the right paperwork done for truck registration. Everything went smoothly at the county and now LOW-T is sporting temp tags and getting ready for next Sat parts truck tow to by buddies house. Thanks Fuzzy for all your help. Hard top on, spring seat and bench seat in, seat belts in and 2 of the 3 bad tires changed out.

Attachments

Rhino 5/4

Took the boys out for a deuce and cream run. Got her on the open road and opened her up. Looks like she doing what she is supposed to at 100+ today. Gonna install a 12v bike battery and solar charger to run cb and intercom for now...or try it anyway. 20220720_172449.jpg20220720_184136.jpg20220720_194013.jpg20220720_224305.jpg Man I love this truck.

Rhino 5/4

Man your knocking it out of the park on this truck ! And the kid understands the art of eating ice cream it taste good and wears good !
Thanks, ya we making some progress despite the heat, I am assuming your body handled the trip to Wataburger ok and is processing such nutritional delicacies ok and pure enjoyment is being experienced all the way to the properly tapered excrement projectile? My experience with too much rich food at one time is liken to the calf turned out to the oat field and the runny scours with green liquid being sprayed with the force of a 2" fire hose. hehehe

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does the truck batteries not make 12v if not put a 12 car battery in with your truck batts and just run a wire up for cb /stereo /usb cig litter ect and run your solar wire down to batt box

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks, ya we making some progress despite the heat, I am assuming your body handled the trip to Wataburger ok and is processing such nutritional delicacies ok and pure enjoyment is being experienced all the way to the properly tapered excrement projectile? My experience with too much rich food at one time is liken to the calf turned out to the oat field and the runny scours with green liquid being sprayed with the force of a 2" fire hose. hehehe
It was a religious experiance !!!! I might have cried at one point ! The first triple i just rubbed all over my body while sitting in a large chocolate shake puddle in the floor while i ate the next 2 triples ! They placed cones around me while children squirted that great tangy ketchup on me ! I was asked to NEVER come back inside again drive thru only for me for life . I left there and went to a tatto shop and got the big W tat put on both arms !

Rhino 5/4

Does the truck batteries not make 12v if not put a 12 car battery in with your truck batts and just run a wire up for cb /stereo /usb cig litter ect and run your solar wire down to batt box
No the truck is 24V system. i got a motorcycle battery that fits in the box and will charge from solar for now. I have seen a kit to use a HMMWV alternator and has an extra bracket to add a 12V alternator to charge a house battery.

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No the truck is 24V system. i got a motorcycle battery that fits in the box and will charge from solar for now. I have seen a kit to use a HMMWV alternator and has an extra bracket to add a 12V alternator to charge a house battery.
Its much easyier than that just put a 24 to 12 converter in your battery box there are lots of folks on here that can walk u thru it and on utube the lmtv able went all 24 with thid same converter

m715mike

Well, I was thinking about camping next to you at the rally in TN, but after reading this… I think selecting a camp site is 100% dependent on your diet that week!!

I used a Pyle converter for 12v accessories in my Deuce. The Pyle converter was cheap and easy… but my overall project was a little more complicated. Here’s a link:

Rhino 5/4

Well, I was thinking about camping next to you at the rally in TN, but after reading this… I think selecting a camp site is 100% dependent on your diet that week!!

I used a Pyle converter for 12v accessories in my Deuce. The Pyle converter was cheap and easy… but my overall project was a little more complicated. Here’s a link:

Scanned over your thread. Love it creative juices flowing.

Rhino 5/4

I have a battery equalizer if you want to run 12v stuff. It allows you to run 12v off one battery and not kill your system(PM if interested).

For your reading pleasure...

I'll pm you later today. Interesting

Rhino 5/4

Disheartening news today. Green acres has been sold so not expecting to have access anymore or at least not until the new owners take over. Going tomorrow to get parts deuce and anything else I can get with some pocket change. Thankfully I was able to get the trailer and parts truck instead of my usual procrastination and screwing myself out of a good deal. Probably have plenty to do with 3 green trucks and an old fj40 until fossil fuels run out hehe. Deuce loaded up with towbar, chains, tools jacks, and 6 spares. Surely we can get home with 6 spares and 8 outside duals????? M725 for support and emergency tow vehicle. Lots of hard work to be done tomorrow. Might even be some good pictures ha!

Rhino 5/4

Met the new owner and seems like a good guy. Will be interesting what will happen with all the goodies. LOW-T did exceptional today, moved the M1009 out of the way and free the deuce from her birth. Thanks @chucky for letting me borrow your snatch block, worked perfectly 😉. She pulled the deuce home with no issues 30-40 mph, temp got up to 200 degrees a couple times, good oil pressure and air pressure. Note to put a piece of pipe insulation on the tcase lever. That thing gets hot as hell!!!20220723_075828.jpg20220723_090235.jpg20220723_105734.jpg20220723_110835.jpg20220723_112243.jpg20220723_112620.jpg20220723_113546.jpg20220723_124704.jpg20220723_144947.jpg20220723_154825.jpg20220723_075828.jpg

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Met the new owner and seems like a good guy. Will be interesting what will happen with all the goodies. LOW-T did exceptional today, moved the M1009 out of the way and free the deuce from her birth. Thanks @chucky for letting me borrow your snatch block, worked perfectly 😉. She pulled the deuce home with no issues 30-40 mph, temp got up to 200 degrees a couple times, good oil pressure and air pressure. Note to put a piece of pipe insulation on the tcase lever. That thing gets hot as hell!!!View attachment 873903View attachment 873904View attachment 873905View attachment 873906View attachment 873907View attachment 873908View attachment 873909View attachment 873910View attachment 873911View attachment 873912View attachment 873903
Thats great ! Maybe someone can tell us if thats normal for the shifter to get that hot on the transfer case. You might pick up one of those lazer temp reader from harbour freight and get a reading off that case to make sure what youve got going there. If its normal put one of those foam/rubateck pipe insulation over the whole shifter so the little people dont get stung .

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yea of coarse ive never had a duece but ive never had anything to run heat up the shifter handle that was that hot ! 5/4 you better investigate further check fluid level maybe take asample or see whats on the drain plug magnet

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks