• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

tatra 813 new owner

Rkrug

Been reading bits of the thread all week just got done with it good work! I'm going to have to get one of these someday...

downloader11

Hey!
Have been reading this thread for a while from the start :D I'm a real fan of the 813 and I would like to purchase one in the near future. How much does this beast cost to maintain in average per month (tires, maintainance parts, oils etc.)?
Thanks!

duncan

In Europe with current diesel prices, about 0.9 euro per kilometer, all in. That means fuel, oil, tires, small parts, the works. There is no cost per month as long as you dont drive it (maybe some insurance/tax/garage depending on location).

duncan

Not much activity here recently, how are everyone's projects doing?

We're still cruising around, too many projects happened recently to detail here, most important:

• Hardbody shelter instead of tarp
  • 16.00 tires all around
  • Bigger engine

Last edited:

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Duncan you truly give new meaning to the old saying "GO BIG OR GO HOME"!! Thanks for sharing your pics I have enjoyed every one of them!

Karl

duncan

Nothing too major, rated at 265kW (~360bhp) at 2200rpm, redlines around 2500. 1300Nm at 1400rpm, weights about 1500 kilo. Fuel consumption around 40 liters per 100km on highway speed (55mph), lowering to around 30 on small road and mountain speeds. The torque is ridiculous, and the turbos whistle beautiful ;)

Did you have enough room for the new engine, it really looks a lot bigger.
Yeah it fits fine, it's about 30 cm longer (because of the added turbos) but otherwise fits without many problems. Even fits under the original covers, its only 7 cm higher and not wider. Had to move the engine supports around and extended the doghouse a bit, that's basically it. Little low on leg-room on the rear bench, have to find a solution for that still.

Last edited:

armytruck63

Wow! I ran a conversion and you're putting out 959 ft-lbs of torque at 1400 RPM. I bet it sounds sweet with those twin turbos. Thanks for sharing the photos.

Carlo

Yeah :) The old engine needed a full rebuild, and I figured when I had it out of the truck I might as well put another. But once you go V12 you cannot go back (especially not without your friends mocking you), so I bought a bigger v12 instead :D

On the left the original Tatra T930 engine (V12, 17.6 liter) from the T813, to the right the new Tatra T3-930 engine (V12 19 liter bi-turbo) of a T815 that when in.

View attachment 481276
i had a 813 kolos and dreamed of the turbo set up like what you have. It makes a big difference.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks