• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Terminus M1009

cucvrus

DSCF4688.jpgThis is my new toy. They don't make the quick attachments for the older B7100HST Kubota. I had to have this custom built. I ordered it in December and they just built it last week. It is made in Illinois. Just finished last week. I was digging for some parts today and found a few decals I made for a friend and my lawn tractors. Just playing around while I was convalescing back in 2006-2007. I also decided to repaint the mower deck. I looked around and found a gallon of safety orange paint. Good enough. I will sand and seal the deck and top coat it so it looks pretty. I am getting the Orange sickness also. DSCF4692.jpgDSCF4691.jpgDSCF4689.jpgDSCF4690.jpgI think it looks like a good match. Have a Great Day. Back to work at 0500.

Digger09

Steel Soldiers Supporter

cucvrus

DSCF4687.jpgDSCF4661.jpgCheck out the rear roof area. It has shoulder belts attached to the top. It also has torx 40 tamper resistant bolts attaching the top. DSCF4665.jpgNice little relay original Genuine GM made in Canada/USA. It has to be good. DSCF4666.jpgDSCF4667.jpgAlso the brown anodized screws. Same as the CUCV lights and face trim are fastened with. Scoring lots of good parts and fasteners. Time to chop the door harnesses to harvest the doors. The right in perfect and the left needs stripped out. Power windows on a CUCV. NOT in this lifetime. Have a Great Day. Doing some traveling today to a sale. I will see what I can find.

cucvrus

View attachment 715155View attachment 715156View attachment 715157View attachment 715158View attachment 715159View attachment 715160View attachment 715161View attachment 715162View attachment 715164View attachment 715163
So I went out after work and attempted to change the batteries in my M1009. It never goes that easy and I expected it NOT to. I always do more and fix more then I intended. That's fine. Keeps my vehicle in shape and the reliability up high scale. Bad cable ends. Probably from age and being over heated a few times. Jumped a lot of vehicles with this CUCV over the past 20 years. Worth mentioning. Disconnect the voltage regulator plug from the alternator before grounding it out. It is hot on both sides. Grounded out still no light. Good charge but no light. Imagine that yesterday the truck started. It was 39* F not 3*F. Kept working at it and decided it was a couple day after work job.
Well I did my best and tried real hard to make the FREE 6TL batteries work. I cannot count on them and they left me sitting in the snow storm. I have bought 2 new Group 31 batteries for the Crown of Thorns M1009. I have an issue with the Gen 2 light but the volt meter shows 28 volt. I will resolve the Gen 2 light issue and replace the batteries. Can't have a dead CUCV sitting around. I left my Son borrow it for snow storm transportation and it left him sit. So I drove Terminus M1009 up to his house and slaved it off. Brought Crown of Thorns home and hitched a trailer to it for the duration. Lots of upcoming work. I will post pictures as progress occurs. The 6TL's were brand new but were tagged expired. I tested them before I put them in and they were fine. The winter put the kibosh to them. Not worth melting the relay and getting stranded. That was easy. I told my Son the bottom pulley on the 6.2 was notched for pull starting. Have a Great Day. The snow has slowed me a bit. But never brought me to a Stop. More torching and carnage tonight on my K5 stripping.

cucvrus

DSCF4728.jpgDSCF4657.jpgAfter a few weekends and evenings of casually working on getting this K5 Jimmy stripped out I had success today. Pretty well stripped out. Handy thing I have now the Kubota. Pulled the engine and transmission as separate units. DSCF4729.jpgDSCF4730.jpgDSCF4731.jpgNot sure on these doors. This door has been wrecked since 2009 and it still has not rusted. It appears to be galvaneal steel. I think that is why the doors on the later models do not rust as bad. I liked the Built Flint Tough sticker in the drivers door jam. I think all the CUCV' s should have that sticker that is where they were all built. DSCF4732.jpgDSCF4733.jpgSaved the back. Used to be I had to split the transfer case from the transmission. Sweet handy little toy for an old guy to have around. Have a great day. I hope to have that body quartered and scraped in a few weeks. Then onto cutting up all the other CUCV's. Spring cleaning. Saving the frame rear roof and right door.

cucvrus

DSCF4745.jpgDSCF4740.jpgDSCF4741.jpgDSCF4742.jpgDSCF4743.jpgDSCF4744.jpg
Today after work I was over in the shed scrounging around for some parts. Checked out my M1009 I have stored there. I will be using this M1009 to build the full convertible. Cutting the roof off of it. I have the complete parts from a 1974 full convertible k5 Blazer. I look forward to the build. This is a 52 K M1009. I had new exhaust, transmission, rockers put on it. It should go quickly I have the doors and fenders edge painted and ready for installation. The darn summers go by quickly. I want to use the core support from the 1990 K5 Jimmy. Same as the core support and grille on Mad Cow Disease. DSCF4658.jpgDSCF7549.jpgDSCF7349.jpg Hope to get the project under way this season. That darn decade wrecked M1009 is still hanging around. DSCF4272.jpgReally just hanging around. Hovercraft CUCV. Cool concept.

cucvrus

DSCF4770.jpgDSCF4771.jpgDSCF4772.jpgDSCF4773.jpgDSCF4774.jpgDSCF4775.jpgDSCF4776.jpgDSCF4777.jpgTerminus had to come to the rescue of Crown of Thorns M1009 today again. This is getting old. Tore into the dash again. I think I am breaking the stuff taking it apart. I had both lights working and when I started it they both stayed on. ??? I dug around and pulled out another cluster. I hate clusters with a passion. It is like a brittle potato chip and you must force it into a metal hole that is not big enough for it to fit in. I am going to figure this out. I still have the Gen 2 light on now. I will swap out the Gen 2 tomorrow. I had to walk away. Doing this is so much easier. DSCF4764.jpgAt least I know I will make someone happier today with my efforts. DSCF4765.jpgCut with the circular saw. Have a Great Day. Happy Easter to all.

cucvrus

DSCF4779.jpgDSCF4778.jpgDSCF4780.jpgDSCF4781.jpgDSCF4782.jpgDSCF4783.jpgDSCF4784.jpgDSCF4785.jpgDSCF4786.jpgDSCF4787.jpgI went out today after 8 hours at my regular job and put 6 more hours in getting the Crown of Thorns M1009 back in running dependable condition. I had a heck of a time. But I received a bit of technical advice from a member here. I am truly lost in electronics and electrical items that need diagnosed. That replacement used cluster came from a 1987 M1009 that I had here years back. I never seen a red bulb in the 4WD light socket. It was a red condom cover on the bulb. I suppose for B/O driving. I installed the cluster with the lights and everything first. Then I tested and loaded everything thru the front. It went back together nice. And I was able to clean and lubricate the shift indicator. This has been a PITA for the last 6 months when the Gen 2 light stopped working. It is fixed and back on the road. I guess the 6TL's were fine they were just not getting charged. Happy Easter. And thank you for the help. My Son gave me the blue LED's he said it lights up nice. I will wait till dark and report back. They were free. I liked that.

cucvrus

DSCF4788 - Copy.jpgDSCF4789 - Copy.jpgDSCF4790 - Copy.jpgDSCF4791 - Copy.jpgDSCF4792 - Copy.jpgDSCF4793 - Copy.jpgDSCF4794 - Copy.jpgDSCF4795.jpgDSCF4796.jpgDSCF4797.jpgI cleaned and lubed as I went. Everything is in decent shape. The old cluster was very brittle put I managed to get a the potato chips back in the bag with out breaking any. I actually did a nicer job then when I had it apart 10 years ago. I bought that failed circuit board new at the dealer. Not sure what happened. I split the dash to make it easier to service so I did not have to deal with the live oil line.

cucvrus

DSCF4798.jpgDSCF4799.jpgDSCF4800.jpgDSCF4801.jpgDSCF4802.jpgDSCF4803.jpgDSCF4804.jpgDSCF4805.jpgDSCF4806.jpgDSCF4807.jpgAfter I was all completed I turned the key on a gen 2 did NOT light. I went and plugged the voltage regulator in and happiness. I checked all the fluids. I greased the chassis and cleaned out some trash inside. Getting ready for some wood jobs I have to complete. I didn't buy a new 4 x 4 pick up to scratch thru the bush. This works just fine all stock and easy to work on. I guess I was NOT patient enough. I hate clusters. Happy Easter.

cucvrus

DSCF4808.jpgNew rule in the CUCV. :) DSCF4809.jpgCharging good againDSCF4810.jpgI covered my dash pad with some padded green bus seat material. It has held up over 10 years. Faded a good bit but still looks OK to me. This is NOT a show boat. It is a work horse. AGAIN. It has been a PITA for the past 6 months. DSCF4811.jpgHappy Easter. Enjoy your family and friends.

cucvrus

DSCF4812 (1).jpgDSCF4813 (1).jpgDSCF4814 (1).jpgNot what I expected but it will work. I can see the numbers that's all that matters. If I get energetic and it bothers me that much I can change them back by reaching up under the dash or thru the front. I would have preferred white LED but my Son gave them to me. I very seldom drive it at night so it will be fine. Now I can go in parking lots again. I avoid lots with my newer vehicles. Happy Easter. DSCF4770.jpgThe KC Dayliters get the job done at night and the Trucklite LED headlamps.

cucvrus

DSCF4815.jpgDSCF4816.jpgDSCF4817.jpg
Very hipster Rick.
Hardly. I am about a dull as they come with keeping up with the style. I am 100 years behind and happy with it.

Picked up the 1950 Chevrolet 3800 tailgate from a scrap pile. Freebie. Nice barn wall hanger. I am currently making a wall under the fore bay for a few antiquates and license plates. In the works. I now have a wood stove for the barn. A member here brought it to me. He said he expects year round results and never wants to here it's too cold to work. Guess I can give that a whirl. I have a never ending supply of scrap wood to burn. I have 3 mowers I am currently working on. Tis the season. I hope to make a few results on my projects as long as the weather holds out. Happy Easter.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks