• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Testing oil pressure gauge

GFB

I just wanted to clarify that the resistance chart in the TM is ohms, correct? Not Kohms or Mohms. I accidentally touched the hot wire to the gauge threaded stud while the lights were on, and I think it fried the gauge. I ordered a new one, and it pegged high and won't move now. I tried hooking up a simple 16 ohm circuit to the gauge terminals and got nothing. Would this be the correct way to test the gauge?

Edit: if the gauge grounds through the body, then one of the terminals and a connection stud should be the correct path to hook up to resistance to get a reading. Tried that and no difference, neither gauge moves.

Last edited:

Woodsplinter

The measurements are in ohms. I replaced all my gauges and sending units about a year ago, and don't remember how to test them- but- if you call or email Erik at www.eriksmilitarysurplus.com, he will walk you through it. Simple procedure but I can't remember it.

I noticed my 60 psi oil gauge would always peg on start up and sometimes while driving so I switched to a 120 psi gauge and sender because the oil pressure can exceed 60 psi. No more pegging- just make sure the gauge and sending unit are matched in psi.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Completely covered in the -20tm.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks