• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Testing oil pressure gauge

GFB

I just wanted to clarify that the resistance chart in the TM is ohms, correct? Not Kohms or Mohms. I accidentally touched the hot wire to the gauge threaded stud while the lights were on, and I think it fried the gauge. I ordered a new one, and it pegged high and won't move now. I tried hooking up a simple 16 ohm circuit to the gauge terminals and got nothing. Would this be the correct way to test the gauge?

Edit: if the gauge grounds through the body, then one of the terminals and a connection stud should be the correct path to hook up to resistance to get a reading. Tried that and no difference, neither gauge moves.

Last edited:

Woodsplinter

The measurements are in ohms. I replaced all my gauges and sending units about a year ago, and don't remember how to test them- but- if you call or email Erik at www.eriksmilitarysurplus.com, he will walk you through it. Simple procedure but I can't remember it.

I noticed my 60 psi oil gauge would always peg on start up and sometimes while driving so I switched to a 120 psi gauge and sender because the oil pressure can exceed 60 psi. No more pegging- just make sure the gauge and sending unit are matched in psi.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Completely covered in the -20tm.