• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

THE Aberdeen photo/video thread

Timberwolf

and more....

Attachments

Timberwolf

and even more....

Attachments

jfnemt1ff1

My Goat was high jacked at Aberdeen

I dont think that its fair Gimpie got to take my Goat off road before I did and I have pics to prove it. :lol:

Attachments

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
RE: My Goat was high jacked at Aberdeen

GimpY not Gimpie! (unless your trying to spell it like Cartman says it!)

CGarbee

Re: Convoy Commander wardrobe?

Tanner said:
Hey Cabell -

I didn't realize you were reprezentin' the Hawaiian Naval branch of the service at Aberdeen... :wink:

"Tanner"
After cooking that hog for everyone (and going through all that discussion with the event organizers...), I figured that I could pull out the shirts that my brother scored at Pearl when he was visiting last year (my sister-in-law's brother flys rescue copters for the Navy...).

Funny thing is that the lady at the tollbooth on the Harry Nice Bridge over the Potomac River asked me why I wasn't in my "Army Suit" since I was in an Army truck on our way back home... I told her that it was a Marine truck and it was Sunday...
Chuck was laughing when he got home and told me that she asked him why he was in uniform when I was not... and he said that he told her I was the Convoy Commander and got to wear whatever I wanted...

I trust that you are going to drive your M37 up next year.

Tanner

Oh crap - now yer just gettin' all serious on me... you definitely had more fun than I did, since I had to be in Charleston schmoozing the Military for some communications equipment funding while you guys enjoyed Aberdeen -

Chuck's comment reminds me of when my older brother's Guard unit was coming up from Fayetteville during maneuvers in the mid-'80's... They stopped at a gas station in 'the County' to refuel & an old woman behind the counter eye-balled my brother's uniform & asked the Major - "What branch of the militia are you guys in?"... but I don't recall her calling it er, ummm, exactly that...

I have to plan for the '08 trip - that is, when I get a truck to work on - :wink:

"Tanner"

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Here's my show pics. It was a blast guys. Thanks for all of your hard work and support!

More sign pics and Mike's deuce too :wink:

Attachments

Armada

Great pics Chris, especially the night shot of the lighted SS sign. Nice work Mangus!

Did anyone happen to get a picture of the M1008 military police paddy wagon? It was painted tan with a tan canvas top over the bed. Under the top was a mesh cage and troop seats. It was parked up in the vendor area of TNJ Murray and AJP. It was a very nice looking truck and I'm hoping someone has a pic of it.