• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The ampibious Deuce!!

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Marine officer: Sir, your boat has sunk, you need life jackets.
You: Uh, just let me turn around officer.
SHP Officer, as the deuce comes up the ramp: uh sir you need seat belts for the passengers.
You: I just can't catch a break..............

rideni

That is so cool. I just hope my sons do not see this thread...
It will go like this"were is my deuce??
Them- Well Dad, Sean and I have something to tell you..
ME-did it break down??
Them- yea, kind of..
ME- Well we have 3 tow bars, lets go get it
THEM- It is not that easy
ME- well we will bring Matt's 818 with the 1600's, it will tow anything
Them- I think we need a tug
Me- It only weighs 13000 lbs
Them-No Dad, a tug boat, we saw a thread on SS and tried to run it underwater and we hit a deep hole.
ME- HOW DEEP!!!!
Them- We hit the channel, 52'.
ME- that was my favorite deuce, why not use one of yours
Them- It had more fuel in it than ours...
END OF STORY
Funny but its very possible that this may happen

Alex400

I always wanted to get a DUCKW and just bomb around in it with a couple different license #'s on there, marine and land. noob: "why do you have boat tags on there?" Me: "you want to find out?" In seattle we have DUCK (w) tours of the city. The trucks do a land tour and then do a small loop in Lake union by the city and then climb back out on to land. Look on people's faces when they drive down that boat ramp and into the lake is priceless.

Atomic

I told a co-worker to come over and look at a ampibious duce and his response was
"Is this going to be a picture of a toilet"?:D

emr

You sure are the MAN!!!!! That is just the best, :) Glad to see u are enjoying this awesome truck for all it can do and more.... Go for it I say, u are hopefully going to make me get up to speed and find a place to do it, that is just to cool!!!!!!!! Like said above, I wish i was there TOO :)

Josh

I really thought then I opened this thread that it was going to be another posting of that 1950's deuce driving under water. I am glad it was not and it was something about 100x cooler.

gunboy1656

It almost is the submarine deuce from the 50's. Would be nice to see a recreation of that.

How long does/did it take to dry everything and clean it all out?

oldMan99

About another 18" and you could have used this: Government Liquidation Government Surplus Auctions Army Surplus Vehicles Sales

(This link is to a 2002 GL Press release so I do not think it violates SS rules as there is no current auction for it/them... This may well have been posted before here on the site and if so, I apologize. I just now fond it, thought of this thread and thought that even if it was posted way back in 2002, maybe some of th newer members might like to see it.....)

Last edited: