• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

the fun is about to begin

Patattack

well i got got back from a very dusty place and while i was over there i had alot time to think about on what i was going to do to the old teeruk 1009 and this is what i was thinking. A 6.5 turbo diesel but with that ill have to redo the exhaust and convert or move the rear bat for the turbo or just go naturally aspirated, I dont know yet but i found a good 6.5 block on a surplus site with cast years from 00-05. nothing really wrong with the 6.2 exept it smokes alittle and it really under power so why not upgrade the engine. im going to rebuild the trans, mean why not its out anyways and kits are cheap for a th400. the transfer too 4hi dosent work very well i usally have to put it 4lo alot of the times. All new suspension going with a 2.5 all new leafs and sway bar, because i have no suspension its all shot the springs in the front are bent in the other direction. some padded flooring to cut down on some of the heat, its very hot in the summer, and a radio im using a boom box right now and could use a upgrade on that too. with that 6.5 i went on ssdiesel supply and getting the cooling system upgrade with the dual thermostat housing and the 130 gpm water pump. the fuel injectors are going to be marine injectors and i also found a 6.5 mech inj pump so i got that covered, going with a trans cooler to cut down thw heat on that tranny. when all is said and done for the most part i probley missed some things but the truck is going to be almost new, ill get this thing going in a month or two and the money dumping with begin!!!
:doghead:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sounds like a plan.

Are you coming back it Oklahoma or staying Ft Bliss for awhile?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks